02643 Public Works

Find 02643 departments of public works or DPW. Public works departments provide information on public projects, maintenance of parks, buildings, roads, highways, bridges, tunnels, traffic signals, snow removal, public utilities, water treatment and sewage.

Provincetown Public Works 26 Alden Street Provincetown MA 02657 21.9 miles from 02643 508-487-7060

Mashpee Public Works 350 Meetinghouse Road Mashpee MA 02649 30.3 miles from 02643 508-539-1420

Nantucket Public Works 16 Broad Street Nantucket MA 02554 36.4 miles from 02643 508-228-7244

Falmouth Public Works 416 Gifford Street Falmouth MA 02540 38.2 miles from 02643 508-457-2543

Plymouth Public Works 197 Water Street Plymouth MA 02360 39.4 miles from 02643 508-830-4159

Carver Town Public Works 108 Main Street Carver MA 02330 43.2 miles from 02643 508-866-3425

Marion Public Works 2 Spring Street Marion MA 02738 43.3 miles from 02643 508-748-3540

Marshfield Public Works 870 Moraine Street Marshfield MA 02050 44.6 miles from 02643 781-834-5575

Fairhaven Public Works 5 Arsene St Fairhaven MA 02719 49.6 miles from 02643 508-979-4030

Middleboro Public Works 48 Wareham Street Middleborough Center MA 02346 50.2 miles from 02643 508-946-2480

Scituate Public Works 68 Captain Pierce Rd Scituate MA 02066 51.1 miles from 02643 781-545-8733

Hanover Public Works 40 Pond Street Hanover MA 02339 51.5 miles from 02643 781-826-3189

Hanover Town Public Works 848 Main Street Hanover MA 02339 53.2 miles from 02643 781-826-5574

Public Works Near Me

About Public Works

Does Public Works charge for services?

Some Public Works operations, such as maintenance of roads, parks and public facilities are typically funded through general taxation. Other services such as trash collection, water service and sewer service may be funded by user fees. Fees for trash collection may be a flat monthly service fee, or may be based on volume of trash collected.

Who is responsible for maintaining sidewalks?

The specifics vary from one jurisdiction to the next. Typically, the Public Works Department installs new sidewalks and replaces old sidewalks in accordance with a replacement schedule. Most state statutes and local ordinances place responsibility for maintenance of sidewalks with the property owner. In addition to repairs for sidewalks, property owners are almost always responsible for clearing sidewalks of snow and obstructions.

Can I get a stop sign installed on my street?

In most jurisdictions, a request for a stop sign may be made through the Public Works Department's engineering or roads maintenance division. The location is usually investigated and studied to determine if a stop sign is warranted and meets any applicable state guidelines for traffic control devices.