Wayne County Court

Find Wayne County Pennsylvania courts and courthouses, such as federal, state, district, superior, criminal, common, circuit, judicial, judiciary, divorce, appeals, family, traffic, and small claims courts. Courts provide information on legal cases, law documents, case searches, and appeals.

Hawley District Court 94 Main Avenue Hawley PA 18428 570-226-4981

Hawley Magistrate Court Route 2 & Route 6 Hawley PA 18428 570-226-9650

Honesdale District Court 925 Court Street Honesdale PA 18431 570-253-5970

Lakewood Magistrate Court Old Railroad Lakewood PA 18439 570-798-2700

Waymart Magistrate Court 239 Belmont Street Waymart PA 18472 570-488-6881

Wayne County Court 925 Court Street Honesdale PA 18431 570-253-0101

Courts Near Me

About Courts

How do I file a small claims suit?

The process and rules for filing a small claims suit vary from state to state with regard to the dollar limit for small claims, the statute of limitations for filing a claim, and whether you are allowed to be represented by a lawyer. Contact the court that handles small claims in your state for details on the process for filing a claim and to obtain the proper forms.

Are there fees for filing a small claims suit?

Filing fees are generally between $30 and $100. In addition to filing fees, other costs may include service fees for serving the complaint to the defendant and collection fees if the court assists in collecting the judgment.

What is mediation?

Mediation is an alternative to going before a judge in a suit. Many small claims courts sponsor or make referrals to mediation programs where the plaintiff and defendant meet with a neutral third person to help resolve the dispute without going to court.