Clackamas County Veterans Affairs Department

Find Clackamas County Oregon veterans affairs departments, or service organizations. Veterans affairs departments like the VA (Veterans Affairs), VFW (Veterans of Foreign Wars), Amvets, and vet centers provide information and help with benefits, charities, insurance, disability, medical care, education, programs and compensation for veterans of the US Armed Forces.

Clackamas County Veterans Service Office 1710 South Red Soils Court Oregon OR 97045 503-557-6414

Veterans of Foreign Wars 7118 Southeast Fern Avenue Portland OR 97206 503-774-8402

Veterans of Foreign Wars 38452 Proctor Boulevard Sandy OR 97055 503-668-5211

About Veterans Affairs Departments & Services

Clackamas County Veteran Service Organizations provide support for veterans of the US Armed Forces through a number of government agencies and nonprofit organizations at the Federal, Oregon State, and local Clackamas County, OR level. Veteran Services can include assistance with veteran benefits, support for veterans with disabilities, and access to insurance, medical care, and education benefits. At the Federal level, the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) provides Veteran Services in Clackamas County.

You may contact Veterans Services for questions about:
  • Clackamas County military and veterans' benefits
  • Veterans Affairs Offices and Vet Centers
  • Clackamas County VA Hospitals and health benefits
  • VA Burial services
  • Clackamas County VFW and AMVETS posts
Clackamas County VA Benefits

Clackamas County VA Depts provides a number of services for America's veterans, including a range of veterans' benefits, medical care, and burial services. The Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA) provides education and vocational benefits such as the Montgomery GI Bill, pension services, and life insurance. It also issues disability compensation to veterans in Clackamas County, Oregon who have service-connected disabilities. In addition, the VBA offers counseling services, runs a housing program for veterans, Clackamas County home loan programs, and offers life insurance to service members, veterans and their dependents who are unable to get insurance from private companies.

Veterans Health Administration in Clackamas County, Oregon

The Veterans Health Administration (VHA) provides medical services and health care to veterans, including through Clackamas County VA-run medical centers, outpatient clinics, and nursing home care units. The VHA also provides assistance to homeless veterans and care for veterans with disabilities in Clackamas County. Burial services for veterans are offered through the VA's National Cemetery Administration, which maintains national cemeteries for the burial of veterans and their family members.

VA Vet Centers

At the local Clackamas County level, the VA runs Vet Centers that provide a range of services to veterans, including employment assistance, counseling services, and assistance gaining access to VA benefits. These services are available to Clackamas County veterans, service members, and their families. Vet Center counseling services include readjustment counseling, bereavement counseling, and military sexual trauma counseling.

Clackamas County VFW & AMVET Posts

In addition to the VA, a number of private organizations provide Veteran Services in Clackamas County. The Clackamas County Veterans of Foreign Wars Posts (VFW) provides assistance with accessing VA services, offers grants to support veterans, and advocates for policies that help veterans. Clackamas County AMVETS Posts, or American Veterans, is an organization that advocates for veterans and provides services for veterans of the US Armed Forces.