Washington County Clerk Office

Find Washington County New York clerk offices, including county, city, and circuit clerks, and clerks of court. Clerks provide information on public court records and legal documents, criminal, jail, and arrest records, marriage licenses, divorce, judicial, and probate records, businesses liens, notary services, real estate taxes and voter registration services.

Argyle Town & Village Clerk 41 Main Street Argyle NY 12809 518-638-8681

Fort Ann Town Clerk 80 George Street Fort Ann NY 12827 518-639-8929

Granville Town Clerk 42 Main Street Granville NY 12832 518-642-3909

Greenwich Clerk 2 Academy Street Greenwich NY 12834 518-692-7611

Hartford Town Clerk 165 County Road 23 Granville NY 12832 518-632-9151

Moreau Town Clerk 351 Reynolds Road Fort Edward NY 12828 518-792-1030

Washington County Clerk 383 Broadway Fort Edward NY 12828 518-746-2210

Whitehall Village Clerk 1 Saunders Street Whitehall NY 12887 518-499-0871

Clerk Offices Near Me

About Clerk Offices

What fees does a Clerk charge?

State law generally enables Clerks to recover a portion of their transactional costs, and some states regulate the fees that Clerks may charge. Most permits and licenses issued by Clerks carry a set fee. Land transaction filings typically carry a base fee plus an additional per page charge. It is common for Clerks to also charge a per page fee when providing copies of documents to the public.

Do Clerks collect taxes?

Clerks do not collect taxes. Tax collection is usually handled by a separate office established for that purpose. Some Clerk's Offices may accept tax payments as a convenience to the public.

What are the requirements to become a Clerk?

In some jurisdictions, the Clerk is an elected position, while in others the Clerk is appointed. Most Clerks have a college degree and at least some professional experience. Some counties and local governments require that the Clerk have or obtain a Certified Municipal Clerk designation.