Tompkins County Court

Find Tompkins County New York courts and courthouses, such as federal, state, district, superior, criminal, common, circuit, judicial, judiciary, divorce, appeals, family, traffic, and small claims courts. Courts provide information on legal cases, law documents, case searches, and appeals.

Caroline Town Court 2670 Slaterville Road Slaterville Springs NY 14881 607-539-7796

Cayuga Heights Village Court 836 Hanshaw Road Ithaca NY 14850 607-257-3944

Danby Town Court 1830 Danby Road Ithaca NY 14850 607-277-4788

Dryden Town Court 93 East Main Street Dryden NY 13053 607-844-8888

Enfield Town Court 168 Enfield Main Road Ithaca NY 14850 607-272-0529

Freeville Village Court 5 Factory Street Freeville NY 13068 607-844-8470

Groton Town Court 101 Conger Boulevard Groton NY 13073 607-898-5273

Ithaca City Court 118 East Clinton Street Ithaca NY 14850 607-273-2263

Ithaca Town Court 215 North Tioga Street Ithaca NY 14850 607-273-0493

Lansing Town Court 29 Auburn Road Lansing NY 14882 607-533-4776

Newfield Town Court 166 Main Street Newfield Hamlet NY 14867 607-564-9982

Tompkins County Court 320 North Tioga Street Ithaca NY 14850 607-272-0466

Ulysses Town Court 10 Elm Street Trumansburg NY 14886 607-387-5411

Courts Near Me

About Courts

How do I file a small claims suit?

The process and rules for filing a small claims suit vary from state to state with regard to the dollar limit for small claims, the statute of limitations for filing a claim, and whether you are allowed to be represented by a lawyer. Contact the court that handles small claims in your state for details on the process for filing a claim and to obtain the proper forms.

Are there fees for filing a small claims suit?

Filing fees are generally between $30 and $100. In addition to filing fees, other costs may include service fees for serving the complaint to the defendant and collection fees if the court assists in collecting the judgment.

What is mediation?

Mediation is an alternative to going before a judge in a suit. Many small claims courts sponsor or make referrals to mediation programs where the plaintiff and defendant meet with a neutral third person to help resolve the dispute without going to court.