Tioga County Court

Find Tioga County New York courts and courthouses, such as federal, state, district, superior, criminal, common, circuit, judicial, judiciary, divorce, appeals, family, traffic, and small claims courts. Courts provide information on legal cases, law documents, case searches, and appeals.

Barton Town Court 304 Highway 17C Waverly NY 14892 607-565-8609

Berkshire Town Court 18 Railroad Avenue Berkshire NY 13736 607-657-8601

Candor Town Court 101 Owego Road Candor NY 13743 607-659-3175

Candor Village Court 101 Owego Road Candor NY 13743 607-659-3175

Harford Town Court 394 New York 38 Richford NY 13835 607-844-3982

Newark Valley Town Court 109 Whig Street Newark Valley NY 13811 607-642-5278

Nichols Town Court 54 East River Road Nichols NY 13812 607-699-3981

Owego Town Court 2354 Highway 434 Apalachin NY 13732 607-687-2822

Owego Village Court 92 Temple Street Owego NY 13827 607-687-2236

Richford Town Court 7 Bowery Lane Richford NY 13835 607-657-8090

Spencer Town Court 79 East Tioga Street Spencer NY 14883 607-589-7342

Spencer Village Court 41 North Main Street Spencer NY 14883 607-589-4310

Tioga County Court 16 Court Street Owego NY 13827 607-687-0544

Tioga Town Court 54 5th Avenue Barton NY 13734 607-687-9577

Waverly Village Court 358 Broad Street Waverly NY 14892 607-565-4771

Courts Near Me

About Courts

How do I file a small claims suit?

The process and rules for filing a small claims suit vary from state to state with regard to the dollar limit for small claims, the statute of limitations for filing a claim, and whether you are allowed to be represented by a lawyer. Contact the court that handles small claims in your state for details on the process for filing a claim and to obtain the proper forms.

Are there fees for filing a small claims suit?

Filing fees are generally between $30 and $100. In addition to filing fees, other costs may include service fees for serving the complaint to the defendant and collection fees if the court assists in collecting the judgment.

What is mediation?

Mediation is an alternative to going before a judge in a suit. Many small claims courts sponsor or make referrals to mediation programs where the plaintiff and defendant meet with a neutral third person to help resolve the dispute without going to court.