Rockland County Veterans Affairs Department

Find Rockland County New York veterans affairs departments, or service organizations. Veterans affairs departments like the VA (Veterans Affairs), VFW (Veterans of Foreign Wars), Amvets, and vet centers provide information and help with benefits, charities, insurance, disability, medical care, education, programs and compensation for veterans of the US Armed Forces.

Rockland County Veterans Service 20 Squadron Boulevard New City NY 10956 845-638-5244

Ukrainian American Veterans 16 Twin Avenue Spring Valley NY 10977 845-356-5335

Veterans Memorial Associates 65 Lake Road Congers NY 10920 845-268-5831

Veterans Memorial Association 250 Birchwood Avenue Nyack NY 10960 845-358-5256

Veterans of Foreign Wars 16 Ramapo Avenue Suffern NY 10901 845-357-1019

Veterans Affairs Departments Near Me

About Veterans Affairs Departments

Who is eligible to receive services at a Veteran Center?

Veteran Centers are open to veterans and active duty service members, including members of the National Guard and the Army Reserve. Certain services at Vet Centers are also available to family members of veterans and service members, including counseling services.

What education benefits does the Montgomery GI Bill provide?

The Montgomery GI Bill provides veterans with up to 36 months of funding to study at colleges, technical schools, or vocational schools. The benefit can be used for up to ten years from the date of discharge or release from active duty. Spouses and children of veterans may also be eligible for education benefits through the Dependents' Educational Assistance program.

What housing programs are available to veterans?

The VA runs a housing program through the Veterans Benefits Administration that offers loans to veterans to purchase homes, primarily in rural areas and small towns where private financing may not be available. Veterans may also use the service to refinance a home.