Orange County Veterans Affairs Department

Find Orange County New York veterans affairs departments, or service organizations. Veterans affairs departments like the VA (Veterans Affairs), VFW (Veterans of Foreign Wars), Amvets, and vet centers provide information and help with benefits, charities, insurance, disability, medical care, education, programs and compensation for veterans of the US Armed Forces.

Disabled American Veterans 30 Lawrence Avenue New Windsor NY 12553 845-565-1287

Greenville Veteran Of Foreign Wars Post 3175 1316 U.s. 6 Port Jervis NY 12771 845-856-2114

Orange County Veterans Service 111 Craigville Road Goshen NY 10924 845-291-2470

Polish Legion Of American Vets 16 Legion Road Pine Island NY 10969 845-258-4168

Veterans of Foreign Wars 47-51 Owen Street Port Jervis NY 12771 845-856-7633

Veterans of Foreign Wars 46 Barcelow Street Port Jervis NY 12771 845-856-6289

Veterans of Foreign Wars River Road Harriman NY 10926 845-783-6411

Veterans of Foreign Wars 209 Main Street Maybrook NY 12543 845-427-5881

Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 8691 44 East Main Street Washingtonville NY 10992 845-496-6781

Veterans Affairs Departments Near Me

About Veterans Affairs Departments

Who is eligible to receive services at a Veteran Center?

Veteran Centers are open to veterans and active duty service members, including members of the National Guard and the Army Reserve. Certain services at Vet Centers are also available to family members of veterans and service members, including counseling services.

What education benefits does the Montgomery GI Bill provide?

The Montgomery GI Bill provides veterans with up to 36 months of funding to study at colleges, technical schools, or vocational schools. The benefit can be used for up to ten years from the date of discharge or release from active duty. Spouses and children of veterans may also be eligible for education benefits through the Dependents' Educational Assistance program.

What housing programs are available to veterans?

The VA runs a housing program through the Veterans Benefits Administration that offers loans to veterans to purchase homes, primarily in rural areas and small towns where private financing may not be available. Veterans may also use the service to refinance a home.