Franklin County Court

Find Franklin County New York courts and courthouses, such as federal, state, district, superior, criminal, common, circuit, judicial, judiciary, divorce, appeals, family, traffic, and small claims courts. Courts provide information on legal cases, law documents, case searches, and appeals.

Bangor Town Court 2438 Route 11 North Bangor NY 12966 518-483-2749

Bellmont Town Court Brainardsville Rd Brainardsville NY 12915 518-483-2227

Bombay Town Court 379 Lantry Road Bombay NY 12914 518-358-9968

Brandon Town Court 203 County Route 13 North Bangor NY 12966 518-483-7503

Brighton Town Court I 12 County Rd 31 Paul Smiths NY 12970 518-327-3202

Burke Town Court 5337 Route 11 Burke NY 12917 518-483-0503

Chateaugay Town Court 191 East Main Street Chateaugay NY 12920 518-497-6931

Constable Town Court Route 122 & 30 Constable NY 12926 518-481-6113

Dickinson Town Court II 339 Aiken Rd Dickinson Center NY 12930 518-856-0201

Duane Town Court 172 County Highway 26 Malone NY 12953 518-481-5647

Fort Covington Town Court 2510 Chateaugay Street Fort Covington NY 12937 518-358-4629

Franklin County Court 355 West Main Street Malone NY 12953 518-481-1748

Franklin Town Court II 7 Cold Brook Road Vermontville NY 12989 518-891-2189

Harrietstown Town Court 39 Main Street Saranac Lake NY 12983 518-891-4500

Malone Town Court 27 Airport Road Malone NY 12953 518-481-6634

Malone Village Court 27 Airport Road Malone NY 12953 518-483-5210

Moira Town Court 522 County Route 6 Moira NY 12957 518-529-6080

Santa Clara Town Court 5359 Highway 30 Saranac Lake NY 12983 518-891-4656

Saranac Lake Village Court 39 Main Street Saranac Lake NY 12983 518-891-4423

Tupper Lake Town Court 120 Demars Boulevard Tupper Lake NY 12986 518-359-9278

Courts Near Me

About Courts

How do I file a small claims suit?

The process and rules for filing a small claims suit vary from state to state with regard to the dollar limit for small claims, the statute of limitations for filing a claim, and whether you are allowed to be represented by a lawyer. Contact the court that handles small claims in your state for details on the process for filing a claim and to obtain the proper forms.

Are there fees for filing a small claims suit?

Filing fees are generally between $30 and $100. In addition to filing fees, other costs may include service fees for serving the complaint to the defendant and collection fees if the court assists in collecting the judgment.

What is mediation?

Mediation is an alternative to going before a judge in a suit. Many small claims courts sponsor or make referrals to mediation programs where the plaintiff and defendant meet with a neutral third person to help resolve the dispute without going to court.