Essex County Court

Find Essex County New York courts and courthouses, such as federal, state, district, superior, criminal, common, circuit, judicial, judiciary, divorce, appeals, family, traffic, and small claims courts. Courts provide information on legal cases, law documents, case searches, and appeals.

Chesterfield Town Court 1 Vine Street Keeseville NY 12944 518-834-9211

Crown Point Town Court 2 Miller Road Crown Point NY 12928 518-597-4144

Elizabethtown Town Court 7563 Court Street Elizabethtown NY 12932 518-873-2047

Essex County Court 7559 Court Street Elizabethtown NY 12932 518-873-3375

Lake Placid Village Court 2693 Main Street Lake Placid NY 12946 518-523-2004

Lewis Town Court 8566 Route 9 Lewis NY 12950 518-873-3204

Minerva Town Court 5 Morse Memorial Highway Olmstedville NY 12857 518-251-2869

Moriah Town Court 42 Park Place Port Henry NY 12974 518-546-9955

Newcomb Town Court 5639 Highway 28N Newcomb NY 12852 518-582-2010

North Elba Town Court 2693 Main Street Lake Placid NY 12946 518-523-9516

North Hudson Town Court 2946 Route 9 North Hudson NY 12855 518-532-0587

Schroon Town Court 15 Leland Avenue Schroon Lake NY 12870 518-532-0569

St. Armand Town Court RT3 & School St Bloomingdale NY 12913 518-891-1248

Ticonderoga Town Court 132 Montcalm Street Ticonderoga NY 12883 518-585-7141

Westport Town Court 41 Main Street Westport NY 12993 518-962-4882

Willsboro Town Court 5 Farrell Road Willsboro NY 12996 518-963-8933

Wilmington Town Court 146 Springfield Rd Wilmington NY 12997 518-946-7129

Courts Near Me

About Courts

How do I file a small claims suit?

The process and rules for filing a small claims suit vary from state to state with regard to the dollar limit for small claims, the statute of limitations for filing a claim, and whether you are allowed to be represented by a lawyer. Contact the court that handles small claims in your state for details on the process for filing a claim and to obtain the proper forms.

Are there fees for filing a small claims suit?

Filing fees are generally between $30 and $100. In addition to filing fees, other costs may include service fees for serving the complaint to the defendant and collection fees if the court assists in collecting the judgment.

What is mediation?

Mediation is an alternative to going before a judge in a suit. Many small claims courts sponsor or make referrals to mediation programs where the plaintiff and defendant meet with a neutral third person to help resolve the dispute without going to court.