Columbia County Court

Find Columbia County New York courts and courthouses, such as federal, state, district, superior, criminal, common, circuit, judicial, judiciary, divorce, appeals, family, traffic, and small claims courts. Courts provide information on legal cases, law documents, case searches, and appeals.

Ancram Town Court 1416 County Route 7 Ancram NY 12502 518-329-6512

Austerlitz Town Court 812 Route 203 Spencertown NY 12165 518-392-3260

Canaan Town Court 1647 County Route 5 East Chatham NY 12060 518-781-3749

Chatham Town Court 77 Main Street Chatham NY 12037 518-392-5440

Chatham Village Court 77 Main Street Chatham NY 12037 518-392-1825

Claverack Town Court Main St & Dane Way Mellenville NY 12565 518-672-4468

Clermont Town Court 1795 Route 9 Germantown NY 12526 518-537-6868

Columbia County Court 401 Union Street Hudson NY 12534 518-828-7858

Copake Town Court 230 Mountain View Road Copake NY 12516 518-329-1234

Germantown Town Court 50 Palatine Park Road Germantown NY 12526 518-537-6687

Ghent Town Court 2306 Highway 66 Ghent NY 12075 518-392-2706

Greenport Town Court 600 Town Hall Drive Hudson NY 12534 518-828-0138

Hillsdale Town Court 2784 Route 23 Hillsdale NY 12529 518-325-5073

Hudson City Court 429 Warren Street Hudson NY 12534 518-828-3100

Kinderhook Town Court 4 Church Street Valatie NY 12184 518-784-2506

Kinderhook Village Court 6 Chatham Street Kinderhook NY 12106 518-758-8778

Livingston Town Court 119 County Route 19 Hudson NY 12534 518-851-9441

New Lebanon Town Court 14755 Highway 22 New Lebanon NY 12125 518-794-9456

Philmont Village Court 122 Main Street Philmont NY 12565 518-672-4886

Stockport Town Court 2787 Atlantic Avenue Hudson NY 12534 518-822-8009

Courts Near Me

About Courts

How do I file a small claims suit?

The process and rules for filing a small claims suit vary from state to state with regard to the dollar limit for small claims, the statute of limitations for filing a claim, and whether you are allowed to be represented by a lawyer. Contact the court that handles small claims in your state for details on the process for filing a claim and to obtain the proper forms.

Are there fees for filing a small claims suit?

Filing fees are generally between $30 and $100. In addition to filing fees, other costs may include service fees for serving the complaint to the defendant and collection fees if the court assists in collecting the judgment.

What is mediation?

Mediation is an alternative to going before a judge in a suit. Many small claims courts sponsor or make referrals to mediation programs where the plaintiff and defendant meet with a neutral third person to help resolve the dispute without going to court.