Chemung County Court

Find Chemung County New York courts and courthouses, such as federal, state, district, superior, criminal, common, circuit, judicial, judiciary, divorce, appeals, family, traffic, and small claims courts. Courts provide information on legal cases, law documents, case searches, and appeals.

Ashland Town Court 3663 6th Street Wellsburg NY 14894 607-398-7119

Baldwin Town Court 622 Breesport N Chemung Road Lowman NY 14861 607-733-7384

Big Flats Town Court 476 Maple Street Big Flats NY 14814 607-562-8443

Chemung County Court 224 Lake Street Elmira NY 14901 607-737-2084

Chemung Town Court 48 Rotary Road Ext Chemung NY 14825 607-529-3322

Elmira City Court 317 East Church Street Elmira NY 14901 607-737-5681

Elmira Heights Village Court 215 Elmwood Avenue Elmira NY 14903 607-737-6750

Elmira Town Court 1255 West Water Street Elmira NY 14905 607-734-5971

Erin Town Court 1138 Breesport Road Erin NY 14838 607-739-8681

Horseheads Town Court 150 Wygant Road Horseheads NY 14845 607-739-2113

Horseheads Village Court 202 South Main Street Horseheads NY 14845 607-739-0158

Millport Village Court 4246 Main Street Millport NY 14864 607-739-3289

Southport Town Court 1139 Pennsylvania Avenue Elmira NY 14904 607-734-4446

Van Etten Town Court 83 Main Street Van Etten NY 14889 607-589-4925

Veteran Town Court 4049 Watkins Road Millport NY 14864 607-739-3337

Wellsburg Village Court 3663 6th Street Wellsburg NY 14894 607-732-0723

Courts Near Me

About Courts

How do I file a small claims suit?

The process and rules for filing a small claims suit vary from state to state with regard to the dollar limit for small claims, the statute of limitations for filing a claim, and whether you are allowed to be represented by a lawyer. Contact the court that handles small claims in your state for details on the process for filing a claim and to obtain the proper forms.

Are there fees for filing a small claims suit?

Filing fees are generally between $30 and $100. In addition to filing fees, other costs may include service fees for serving the complaint to the defendant and collection fees if the court assists in collecting the judgment.

What is mediation?

Mediation is an alternative to going before a judge in a suit. Many small claims courts sponsor or make referrals to mediation programs where the plaintiff and defendant meet with a neutral third person to help resolve the dispute without going to court.