Albany County Department of Transportation

Find Albany County New York departments of transportation, highways, roads, and bridge departments. Departments of transportation provide information on public transport, including roads, highways, bridges, traffic conditions, closures, tolls and travel information.

Albany County Highway Department 449 New Salem Road Voorheesville NY 12186 518-765-3695

Capital District Transportation Committee 1 Park Place Colonie NY 12205 518-458-2161

New York Department Of Transportation 16 Avis Drive Latham NY 12110 518-782-7003

New York State Department of Transportation 50 Wolf Road Colonie NY 12205 518-457-2967

New York State Transportation Department 50 Wolf Road Colonie NY 12205 518-457-6512

Town of New Scotland Highway Department 2869 New Scotland Road Voorheesville NY 12186 518-765-2681

Transportation Departments Near Me

Transportation Departments by City

About Transportation Departments

How does the United States pay for transportation infrastructure and improvements?

The major source of funding for federal highway and transit investment is the Highway Trust Fund. The fund receives revenues from gasoline and other motor fuel taxes and from taxes on heavy trucks and truck tires.

How does electronic toll collection work for drivers that don't have a transponder?

Some states have transitioned to electronic tolls and do not provide lanes for paying tolls by cash. Many states have installed license plate recognition systems for vehicles that do not have a transponder and thus are not equipped for electronic toll collection. This system records the vehicle's license plate as it passes through the toll and generates a bill based on the vehicle's registration information.

Why does highway or road construction take place during the day in some places and at night in other locations?

Highway and road construction schedules are based on a number of different factors, including the safety of workers and the public, the impact on motorists through the work zone, and the impact on area schools and hospitals.