Union County DMV

Find Union County New Jersey DMV, BMV, bureau of motor vehicles, motor vehicle department, driver services, and title & tag agency. DMVs provide information on vehicle registration, driver licenses, and driver insurance, road driving tests, and driving permit exams.

Plainfield MVC Agency 1600 South 2nd Street Plainfield NJ 07063 888-486-3339

Rahway MVC Agency 1140 Woodbridge Road Rahway NJ 07065 888-486-3339

Springfield MVC Agency 34 Center Street Springfield NJ 07081 888-486-3339

Westfield MVC Agency 410 South Avenue East Westfield NJ 07090 888-486-3339

About DMVs

Am I required to notify the DMV after I sell my vehicle?

Yes. After selling your vehicle to another private party, notify the DMV of the sale. The sale can be reported by submitting a Notice of Sale or a similar form. The deadline for submitting this information can range from 5 to 30 days. Failure to report the sale may result in penalties, continued notices to register the vehicle, and problems with your local tax collection agency.

How do I replace my driver's license if it is lost or stolen?

Most departments will not allow online replacement requests and require you to apply for a replacement driver's license in person with appropriate identification and completed forms. There is usually a fee for replacing a driver's license.

Is registration required for boats?

In most states, boats require registration, which is similar to motor vehicle registration. A bill of sale will be required along with the appropriate forms and payment.