Sussex County Court

Find Sussex County New Jersey courts and courthouses, such as federal, state, district, superior, criminal, common, circuit, judicial, judiciary, divorce, appeals, family, traffic, and small claims courts. Courts provide information on legal cases, law documents, case searches, and appeals.

Andover Boro Municipal Court 137 Main Street Andover NJ 07821 908-850-0990

Andover Municipal Court 134 Newton Sparta Road Newton NJ 07860 973-383-4280

Branchville Municipal Court 5 Main Street Branchville NJ 07826 973-948-4626

Byram Municipal Court 10 Mansfield Drive Stanhope NJ 07874 973-347-2500

Central Warren Joint Court RT 57 & Millbrook Franklin NJ 08808 973-827-9280

Frankford Municipal Court 151 U.s. 206 Frankford NJ 07822 973-948-4045

Franklin Municipal Court I 1571 Delsea Drive Franklin NJ 08322 856-694-1661

Franklin Municipal Court II 202 Sidney Road Franklin NJ 08867 908-735-7598

Franklin Municipal Court IV 46 Main Street Franklin NJ 07416 973-827-9280

Fredon Municipal Court 150 Kennedy Road Andover NJ 07821 908-850-0990

Frelinghuysen Municipal Court 210 Wintermute Road Newton NJ 07860 908-852-4121

Green Municipal Court 150 Kennedy Road Andover NJ 07821 908-850-0990

Hamburg Municipal Court 11 Orchard Street Hamburg NJ 07419 973-209-4545

Hampton Municipal Court II 901 Swartswood Road Newton NJ 07860 973-383-9393

Hardyston Municipal Court 149 Wheatsworth Road Hamburg NJ 07419 973-823-7038

Hopatcong Municipal Court 111 River Styx Road Hopatcong NJ 07843 973-770-1200

Lafayette Municipal Court 151 U.s. 206 Frankford NJ 07822 973-948-4045

Montague Municipal Court 277 Clove Road Montague NJ 07827 973-293-7288

NJ DMV Newton Suspension Hearing Center 51 Sparta Avenue Newton NJ 07860 888-486-3339

Newton Municipal Court 39 Trinity Street Newton NJ 07860 973-383-3523

Courts Near Me

About Courts

How do I file a small claims suit?

The process and rules for filing a small claims suit vary from state to state with regard to the dollar limit for small claims, the statute of limitations for filing a claim, and whether you are allowed to be represented by a lawyer. Contact the court that handles small claims in your state for details on the process for filing a claim and to obtain the proper forms.

Are there fees for filing a small claims suit?

Filing fees are generally between $30 and $100. In addition to filing fees, other costs may include service fees for serving the complaint to the defendant and collection fees if the court assists in collecting the judgment.

What is mediation?

Mediation is an alternative to going before a judge in a suit. Many small claims courts sponsor or make referrals to mediation programs where the plaintiff and defendant meet with a neutral third person to help resolve the dispute without going to court.