Hillsborough County Social Services

Find Hillsborough County New Hampshire departments of social services, DSS, DPSS, and human services. Departments of social services provide information on food stamps, public assistance, welfare, housing, healthcare, emergency assistance, and child services.

Fitchburg Social Service 473 Main Street Fitchburg MA 01420 23.0 miles from Hillsborough County 978-665-8802

Leominster Social service Department 690 Mechanic Street Leominster MA 01453 27.0 miles from Hillsborough County 978-466-1500

Lowell Social service Department 33 East Merrimack Street Lowell MA 01852 28.1 miles from Hillsborough County 978-275-6800

Lawrence Social service Department 15 Union Street Lawrence MA 01840 32.2 miles from Hillsborough County 978-557-2500

Massachusetts State Social Service Department 200 Scotland Road Newbury MA 01951 41.5 miles from Hillsborough County 978-462-7478

Massachusetts State Social Service Department 30 Mystic Street Arlington MA 02474 44.8 miles from Hillsborough County 781-641-8500

Massachusetts State Social Service Department 121 Providence Street Worcester MA 01604 45.9 miles from Hillsborough County 508-929-2000

Massachusetts State Social Service Department 25 Winthrop Street Worcester MA 01604 45.9 miles from Hillsborough County 508-929-2130

Massachusetts State Social Service Department 63 Fountain Street Framingham MA 01702 46.4 miles from Hillsborough County 508-424-0100

Springfield Social Service Department 100 Mineral Street Springfield VT 05156 46.8 miles from Hillsborough County 802-885-8900

Massachusetts State Social Service Department 22 Pleasant Street Malden MA 02148 47.2 miles from Hillsborough County 781-388-7100

Dover Social Service Department 484 Middle Rd Dover NH 03820 47.9 miles from Hillsborough County 603-516-6475

Massachusetts State Social Service Department 810 Memorial Drive Cambridge MA 02139 49.0 miles from Hillsborough County 617-520-8700

Massachusetts State Social Service Department 45 Spruce Street Chelsea MA 02150 49.8 miles from Hillsborough County 617-887-7900

Lynn Social service Department 33 North Common Street Lynn MA 01902 50.1 miles from Hillsborough County 781-477-1600

Salem Social service Department 45 Congress Street Salem MA 01970 50.4 miles from Hillsborough County 978-825-3800

Boston Social Service Department 41 New Chardon Street Boston MA 02114 50.7 miles from Hillsborough County 617-720-3611

Massachusetts State Social Service Department 1530 River Street Boston MA 02136 54.8 miles from Hillsborough County 617-360-2500

South Weymouth Social service Department 541 Main Street Weymouth Town MA 02190 63.4 miles from Hillsborough County 781-682-0800

Rhode Island State Social Service Department 450 Clinton Street Woonsocket RI 02895 63.5 miles from Hillsborough County 401-235-6300

Social Services Near Me

About Social Services

Who is eligible for Social Services?

Eligibility varies depending on the type of program and the state, county, or local agency. Many programs are based on income and available only to households below a certain income threshold. Other programs may be targeted for specific groups, such as children, the elderly, or people with disabilities.

How do Social Services Departments verify eligibility for programs?

Participation in income-based programs typically requires applicants to provide pay stubs to verify income. Bank statements, tax returns, Social Security benefit letters, and similar documents may also be required. Verification of eligibility for other programs depends on the nature of the service, and the required documentation may include letters from health providers, heating or utility bills, rent or mortgage payments.

What are the requirements for working at a Social Services Department?

Social Workers are among the most common positions in Social Services Departments. Most Social Workers have a Bachelors of Social Work (BSW) degree, though many positions require a Masters of Social Work (MSW). Some form of licensing or certification is required in almost every state. In some cases, several years of supervised work may be part of the licensing process.