Calhoun County Court

Find Calhoun County Mississippi courts and courthouses, such as federal, state, district, superior, criminal, common, circuit, judicial, judiciary, divorce, appeals, family, traffic, and small claims courts. Courts provide information on legal cases, law documents, case searches, and appeals.

Big Creek Municipal Court PO Box 2098 Big Creek MS 38914 662-232-8014

Bruce Municipal Court 80 Public Square Bruce MS 38915 662-983-2492

Calhoun Circuit Court 103 West Main Street Pittsboro MS 38951 662-412-3101

Calhoun City Municipal Court 100 Piedmont St Calhoun City MS 38916 662-628-8345

Calhoun Justice Court West Main St Pittsboro MS 38951 662-412-3134

Derma Municipal Court 120 East Main Street Derma MS 38839 662-628-6635

Pittsboro Municipal Court East Main St Pittsboro MS 38951 662-412-2053

Vardaman Municipal Court 135 North Main Street Vardaman MS 38878 662-682-7561

Courts Near Me

About Courts

How do I file a small claims suit?

The process and rules for filing a small claims suit vary from state to state with regard to the dollar limit for small claims, the statute of limitations for filing a claim, and whether you are allowed to be represented by a lawyer. Contact the court that handles small claims in your state for details on the process for filing a claim and to obtain the proper forms.

Are there fees for filing a small claims suit?

Filing fees are generally between $30 and $100. In addition to filing fees, other costs may include service fees for serving the complaint to the defendant and collection fees if the court assists in collecting the judgment.

What is mediation?

Mediation is an alternative to going before a judge in a suit. Many small claims courts sponsor or make referrals to mediation programs where the plaintiff and defendant meet with a neutral third person to help resolve the dispute without going to court.