Montgomery County Commissioner in Independence Kansas

Address and phone number for Montgomery County Commissioner, a Commissioner, at East Myrtle Street, Independence KS.

Montgomery County Commissioner
217 East Myrtle Street, Independence, Kansas, 67301
Mon-Fri 9:00 AM-5:00 PM

Map of Montgomery County Commissioner in Independence Kansas

Get Directions to Montgomery County Commissioner

Commissioners Nearby

Craig County Commissioner

Related Resources

About the Montgomery County Commissioner

The Montgomery County Commissioner, located in Independence, KS, makes policy for Independence, including setting long-term goals and evaluating their outcomes. They adopt Independence budgets, approve taxation and financial decisions, adopt ordinances, and make land use decisions. Commissioners play multiple roles in Independence and Montgomery County government, often working with Commissioners on the Kansas level to accomplish goals.

You may contact the Commissioner's Office for questions about:
  • Independence public records
  • Local government budgets and taxes
  • Independence Board of Commissioners information
  • Government Offices and Departments
  • Independence jobs and employment
Independence Public Records

The Commissioner's Office maintains public records in Independence. These include property-related public records, such as property assessments, property tax rates, and property tax filings. They may also provide records on land use, zoning ordinances, and regulation. Independence real estate records provide information on property owners, with the ability to search by name, address, or parcel ID.

Budget and Tax Information

As part of its responsibilities, the Montgomery County Commissioner keeps budget and tax documents in Independence. These records, including annual reports on Independence budgets and taxes, are available to the public. Contact the Commissioner's Office for more information on these records.

Independence Department Heads

In addition to overseeing financial and policy decisions, Commissioners also oversee specific departments or functions. In Kansas state, for example, Commissioners report to the governor, including that Kansas Commissioner of Revenue and the Kansas Commissioner of Transportation. At the Independence level, commissioners manage departments and serve in both elected and appointed roles. The Commissioner's Office can provide information on contacting a local or state Commissioner in Kansas.

Local Government Management

In Montgomery County, the Office of the Commissioners takes on some executive functions. Commissioners play a role in local government management, serving as executives and administrators within the government.

Board of Commissioners

The Independence Board of Commissioners includes those on elected boards and those appointed by the Independence council or mayor. The Board of Commissioners may include Zoning Commissioners, Housing Commissioners, and Parks Commissioners. For information about the Board of Commissioners, contact the Montgomery County Commissioner.

Contact the Montgomery County Commissioner

You may contact the Montgomery County Commissioner by calling 620-330-1111, or by addressing inquiries to the office mailing address: Montgomery County Commissioner, 217 East Myrtle Street, Independence, Kansas, 67301.