St. Louis County Public Works

Find St. Louis County Missouri departments of public works or DPW. Public works departments provide information on public projects, maintenance of parks, buildings, roads, highways, bridges, tunnels, traffic signals, snow removal, public utilities, water treatment and sewage.

Ballwin Public Works 200 Park Drive Ballwin MO 63011 636-227-9000

Berkeley Public Works 6140 North Hanley Road Berkeley MO 63134 314-524-3313

Bridgeton Public Works 12355 Natural Bridge Road Bridgeton MO 63044 314-739-7665

Chesterfield City Public Works 690 Chesterfield Parkway West Chesterfield MO 63017 636-537-4761

Clayton City Public Works 10 North Bemiston Avenue Clayton MO 63105 314-290-8540

Creve Coeur City Public Works 300 North New Ballas Road Creve Coeur MO 63141 314-872-2533

Eureka Public Works 100 City Hall Drive Eureka MO 63025 636-938-6655

Ferguson Public Works 110 Church Street Ferguson MO 63135 314-524-5191

Kirkwood Public Works 139 South Kirkwood Road Kirkwood MO 63122 314-822-5828

Maryland Heights Public Works 2715 Fee Fee Road Maryland Heights MO 63043 314-298-6800

Olivette Public Works 1200 North Price Road Olivette MO 63132 314-993-0252

St Louis County Public Works 41 South Central Avenue Clayton MO 63105 314-615-2559

St Louis-County Public Works 21 Village Square Shop Ctr Hazelwood MO 63042 314-615-7304

Webster Groves Public Works 4 East Lockwood Avenue Webster Groves MO 63119 314-963-5315

Public Works Near Me

About Public Works

Does Public Works charge for services?

Some Public Works operations, such as maintenance of roads, parks and public facilities are typically funded through general taxation. Other services such as trash collection, water service and sewer service may be funded by user fees. Fees for trash collection may be a flat monthly service fee, or may be based on volume of trash collected.

Who is responsible for maintaining sidewalks?

The specifics vary from one jurisdiction to the next. Typically, the Public Works Department installs new sidewalks and replaces old sidewalks in accordance with a replacement schedule. Most state statutes and local ordinances place responsibility for maintenance of sidewalks with the property owner. In addition to repairs for sidewalks, property owners are almost always responsible for clearing sidewalks of snow and obstructions.

Can I get a stop sign installed on my street?

In most jurisdictions, a request for a stop sign may be made through the Public Works Department's engineering or roads maintenance division. The location is usually investigated and studied to determine if a stop sign is warranted and meets any applicable state guidelines for traffic control devices.