Melrose MA Town & City Hall

Find Melrose, Massachusetts town & city halls. Town and city halls provide information on government agencies, boards, commissions, committees, departments, and elected officials.

Melrose City Hall 562 Main Street Melrose MA 02176 781-979-4500

About Melrose Town & City Halls

A Melrose Town or City Hall is a building that serves as the focal point of government activity for a town or city in Melrose, MA. It is the location where the proceedings of the Melrose legislative body take place and usually houses the central offices for the executive and administrative functions of the government. Depending on the size of the building, some municipal functions, and a number of citizen services may operate out of a Town or City Hall in Melrose.

You may contact Town & City Halls for questions about:
  • Melrose Public records
  • Marriage licenses and certificates
  • Town and City government offices
  • Local Melrose politics
  • Voter poll locations and election procedures
Melrose Public Records

Town and City Halls in Melrose can provide free public records upon request. These records include Melrose marriage licenses and certificate copies, as well as a variety of other historical and vital records. Melrose birth and death records, marriage and divorce records can be obtained from Town and City Halls. Other public records that may be obtained in Melrose include local elections and voter records, Middlesex County Court records, Melrose property tax assessments and real estate records.

Melrose Town and City Councils

Melrose City Halls and Town Halls have a chamber where public meetings of the Town Council, City Council, or other elected legislative body take place. The chambers are set up to allow for discussion among Council members and executive and administrative officers, as well as members of the Melrose public interested in addressing the Council. Audience seating is available for members of the public and the media to observe public meetings in Melrose, Massachusetts. City or Town Halls are also equipped with telecommunications equipment to allow for taping and televising of public meetings. Other elected and appointed boards and commissions, such as the Melrose Planning and Zoning Commissions, may also use the chambers for their meetings, particularly if members of the public or media attend the meetings.

Government Offices in Melrose, MA

The office of the chief executive or administrative official, such as the Melrose City or Town Manager, is located in Town or City Hall. Depending on the size of the building and how the departments are organized, other administrative functions may also be located in Town or City Hall, such as the Melrose Finance Department or Human Resources. Many of the operating departments that have direct interaction with citizens are located in Town or City Hall, including the Melrose Clerk's Office, Melrose Tax Collector, and Melrose Building Inspector. Departments that have extensive or specialized space requirements, such as Melrose Police Department, Fire Department, Public Library, and Public Works, tend to be located in separate stand-alone facilities.