Suffolk County Court

Find Suffolk County Massachusetts courts and courthouses, such as federal, state, district, superior, criminal, common, circuit, judicial, judiciary, divorce, appeals, family, traffic, and small claims courts. Courts provide information on legal cases, law documents, case searches, and appeals.

Boston Municipal Court 24 New Chardon Street Boston MA 02114 617-788-8400

Brighton District Court 52 Academy Hill Road Boston MA 02135

Center District Court 24 New Chardon Street Boston MA 02114 617-788-8700

Charlestown District Court 3 City Square Boston MA 02129 617-242-5400

Chelsea District Court 120 Broadway Chelsea MA 02150 617-660-9357

Dorchester District Court 510 Washington Street Boston MA 02124 617-288-9500

East Boston District Court 37 Meridian Street Boston MA 02128 617-569-7550

Roxbury District Court 85 Warren Street Boston MA 02119 617-427-7000

South Boston District Court 535 East Broadway Boston MA 02127 617-268-8305

Suffolk County Superior Court 3 Pemberton Square Boston MA 02108 617-788-8160

West Roxbury District Court 445 Arborway Boston MA 02130 617-971-1200

Courts Near Me

Courts by City

About Courts

How do I file a small claims suit?

The process and rules for filing a small claims suit vary from state to state with regard to the dollar limit for small claims, the statute of limitations for filing a claim, and whether you are allowed to be represented by a lawyer. Contact the court that handles small claims in your state for details on the process for filing a claim and to obtain the proper forms.

Are there fees for filing a small claims suit?

Filing fees are generally between $30 and $100. In addition to filing fees, other costs may include service fees for serving the complaint to the defendant and collection fees if the court assists in collecting the judgment.

What is mediation?

Mediation is an alternative to going before a judge in a suit. Many small claims courts sponsor or make referrals to mediation programs where the plaintiff and defendant meet with a neutral third person to help resolve the dispute without going to court.