Bristol County Building Department

Find Bristol County Massachusetts building departments, planning, permits, zoning, and inspections. Building Departments provide information on certificates of occupancy (CO), building codes, construction codes, inspections, safety, violations, permits, community planning, zoning laws, regulations, ordinances, maps, and land use.

Acushnet Building Department 122-130 Main Street Acushnet Center MA 02743 508-998-0225

Assonet Building Department 3 North Main Street Freetown MA 02702 508-644-2202

Attleboro Planning Department 77 Park Street Attleboro MA 02703 508-222-3047

Dighton Building Department 979 Somerset Avenue Dighton MA 02715 508-669-4524

Dighton Planning Department 979 Somerset Avenue Dighton MA 02715 508-669-6636

Fairhaven Building Department 40 Center Street Fairhaven MA 02719 508-979-4019

Fall River Planning Department 1 Government Center Fall River MA 02720 508-324-2561

Mansfield Planning Department 6 Park Row Mansfield MA 02048 508-261-7363

New Bedford Zoning 133 William Street New Bedford MA 02740 508-979-1495

Norton Building Department 70 East Main Street Norton MA 02766 508-285-0280

Norton Planning and Zoning Department 70 East Main Street Norton MA 02766 508-285-0278

Raynham City Planning Department 558 S Main St Raynham MA 02767 508-824-2745

Rehoboth Building Department 320 Anawan Street Rehoboth MA 02769 508-252-3335

Rehoboth Town Zoning 148 Peck Street Rehoboth MA 02769 508-252-6891

Swansea Planning Department 68 Stevens Road Swansea MA 02777 508-324-6730

Swansea Zoning 68 Stevens Road Swansea MA 02777 508-674-5731

Westport Building Department 856 Main Road North Westport MA 02790 508-636-1035

About Building Departments

How much does a building permit cost?

Building permit fees vary significantly from one locality to another. The fees are usually based on the total cost of the project.

If I have been issued a building code violation, can I appeal?

Yes, a building code violation can be appealed. In most cases, a local board will hear building code appeals. An appeal should be filed as soon as possible, as some jurisdictions impose deadlines for submitting appeals. The appeals process may require a fee.

Can the Building Department recommend a local home improvement contractor?

Local Building Departments are generally reluctant to recommend specific contractors. However, many will provide a list of licensed contractors that serve the local area.