Terrebonne Parish Veterans Affairs Department

Find Terrebonne Parish Louisiana veterans affairs departments, or service organizations. Veterans affairs departments like the VA (Veterans Affairs), VFW (Veterans of Foreign Wars), Amvets, and vet centers provide information and help with benefits, charities, insurance, disability, medical care, education, programs and compensation for veterans of the US Armed Forces.

Louisiana Department of Veterans Affairs 8026 West Main Street Houma LA 70360 985-857-3626

Veterans of Foreign Wars 6004 Louisiana 56 Chauvin LA 70344 985-594-3821

Veterans of Foreign Wars 1190 Barrow Street Houma LA 70360 985-876-3296

Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 4752 7587 Grand Caillou Road Dulac LA 70353 985-563-4978

Veterans Affairs Departments Near Me

Veterans Affairs Departments by City

About Veterans Affairs Departments

Who is eligible to receive services at a Veteran Center?

Veteran Centers are open to veterans and active duty service members, including members of the National Guard and the Army Reserve. Certain services at Vet Centers are also available to family members of veterans and service members, including counseling services.

What education benefits does the Montgomery GI Bill provide?

The Montgomery GI Bill provides veterans with up to 36 months of funding to study at colleges, technical schools, or vocational schools. The benefit can be used for up to ten years from the date of discharge or release from active duty. Spouses and children of veterans may also be eligible for education benefits through the Dependents' Educational Assistance program.

What housing programs are available to veterans?

The VA runs a housing program through the Veterans Benefits Administration that offers loans to veterans to purchase homes, primarily in rural areas and small towns where private financing may not be available. Veterans may also use the service to refinance a home.