Wallace County Marriage License Office

Find Wallace County Kansas marriage license offices. Marriage license offices provide information on marriage certifications, wedding licenses, certificates, applications, fees, and requirements.

Wallace County Marriage License Po Box 8 313 Main Sharon Springs KS 67758 785-852-4289

About Wallace County Marriage License Offices

The Wallace County Marriage License Office is a government agency responsible for processing marriage license applications, issuing marriage licenses, and recording marriage certificates in Wallace County, KS. Marriage License Offices may include Wallace County Clerk's Office, Wallace County Town & City Halls and Wallace County Courts.

You may contact the Marriage License Office for questions about:
  • Finding Wallace County marriage records online
  • Applying for a marriage license
  • Wallace County marriage license fees
  • Getting copies of marriage licenses and certificates
Wallace County Marriage Records

Marriage License Offices in Wallace County provide marriage records upon public request. Marriage records that are part of the Wallace County marriage index and other public records are useful for a variety of reasons including name changes, applying for Social Security benefits, applying for insurance, verifying property and estate rights, and establishing paternity. Wallace County marriage records are also useful to genealogists and family researchers navigating family history.

Wallace County Marriage License Applications

A marriage license authorizes a couple to get married in Kansas. When a couple submits an application for a marriage license, the Wallace County Marriage License Bureau will verify the couple's identification and determine whether they meet the minimum age requirements or have parental or guardian consent for the marriage.

Marriage License Requirements

To apply for the marriage license in Wallace County, the couple will need to provide the planned date and location of the wedding, the name of the person performing the ceremony, the names and maiden names of the couple's parents, photo identification and possibly birth certificates, and payment for the license. The application for a marriage license is usually submitted to the Marriage License Office in the county or municipality where the wedding will take place, though some states allow for the wedding to occur in a different jurisdiction.

Wallace County Marriage Certificates

Kansas statutes determine who is eligible to perform marriage ceremonies. Following the wedding, the officiant and the couple sign a Wallace County marriage certificate. The officiant is responsible for submitting the marriage certificate to the Wallace County Marriage License Office within a set period of time, typically a few days. The Marriage License Office records the certificate and sends a certified copy of the marriage certificate to the couple, usually within a few weeks. Kansas State and Federal agencies generally require a marriage certificate in order to recognize a marriage as legally valid.