Knoxville Veterans Affairs Department

Find Knoxville Alabama veterans affairs departments, or service organizations. Veterans affairs departments like the VA (Veterans Affairs), VFW (Veterans of Foreign Wars), Amvets, and vet centers provide information and help with benefits, charities, insurance, disability, medical care, education, programs and compensation for veterans of the US Armed Forces.

Greene County Veterans Service Office Morrow Avenue Eutaw AL 35462 11.9 miles from Knoxville 205-372-6977

Disabled American Veterans 448 65th Street Tuscaloosa AL 35405 18.0 miles from Knoxville 205-247-4862

Alabama Department of Veterans Affairs-Tuscaloosa County 714 Greensboro Avenue Tuscaloosa AL 35401 19.7 miles from Knoxville 205-349-3870

Tuscaloosa Veterans Affairs Medical Center 3701 Loop Road Tuscaloosa AL 35404 22.3 miles from Knoxville 205-554-3440

Veterans Service Officer Hall Street Greensboro AL 36744 23.8 miles from Knoxville 334-624-7770

Veterans of Foreign Wars 7001 University Boulevard East Cottondale AL 35453 24.4 miles from Knoxville 205-553-8040

Bibb County Veterans Affairs 103 Southwest Davidson Drive Centreville AL 35042 38.1 miles from Knoxville 205-926-3116

Fayette County Veteran Affairs 103 1st Avenue Northwest Fayette AL 35555 47.9 miles from Knoxville 205-932-6262

Veterans of Foreign Wars 4272 2850 7th Avenue North Columbus MS 39701 49.8 miles from Knoxville 662-328-6645

Lowndes County Veterans Service 220 North 5th Street Columbus MS 39701 50.7 miles from Knoxville 662-327-2005

Kemper County Veterans Services Bell Street De Kalb MS 39328 52.3 miles from Knoxville 601-743-2247

Disabled American Veterans 164 Harris Drive Columbus MS 39705 55.1 miles from Knoxville 662-434-8370

About Veterans Affairs Departments

Who is eligible to receive services at a Veteran Center?

Veteran Centers are open to veterans and active duty service members, including members of the National Guard and the Army Reserve. Certain services at Vet Centers are also available to family members of veterans and service members, including counseling services.

What education benefits does the Montgomery GI Bill provide?

The Montgomery GI Bill provides veterans with up to 36 months of funding to study at colleges, technical schools, or vocational schools. The benefit can be used for up to ten years from the date of discharge or release from active duty. Spouses and children of veterans may also be eligible for education benefits through the Dependents' Educational Assistance program.

What housing programs are available to veterans?

The VA runs a housing program through the Veterans Benefits Administration that offers loans to veterans to purchase homes, primarily in rural areas and small towns where private financing may not be available. Veterans may also use the service to refinance a home.