06796 IRS Office

Find 06796 IRS or internal revenue service offices, locations, and service centers. IRS offices provide information on tax refund and return numbers, tax forms, US tax laws, filing taxes, and debt forgiveness.

Waterbury Connecticut IRS Office 14 Cottage Place Waterbury CT 06702 26.6 miles from 06796 203-596-4727

Poughkeepsie New York IRS Office 191 Main Street Poughkeepsie NY 12601 32.3 miles from 06796 845-452-2220

Hartford Connecticut IRS Office 135 High Street Hartford CT 06103 34.7 miles from 06796 860-756-4505

Kingston New York IRS Office 153 Sawkill Road Kingston NY 12401 35.4 miles from 06796 845-339-5384

Pittsfield Massachusetts IRS Office 78 Center Street Pittsfield MA 01201 40.7 miles from 06796 413-499-1573

Springfield Massachusetts IRS Office 1550 Main Street Springfield MA 01103 41.8 miles from 06796 413-788-0284

New Haven Connecticut IRS Office 150 Court Street New Haven CT 06510 44.3 miles from 06796 203-781-3195

New Windsor New York IRS Office 300 Commerce Drive New Windsor NY 12553 45.8 miles from 06796 845-561-8990

Danbury Connecticut IRS Office 131 Danbury Road Wilton CT 06897 47.7 miles from 06796 203-840-4195

Bridgeport Connecticut IRS Office 915 Lafayette Boulevard Bridgeport CT 06604 48.4 miles from 06796 203-384-5818

Norwalk Connecticut IRS Office 24 Belden Avenue Norwalk CT 06850 51.8 miles from 06796 203-840-4195

IRS Offices Near Me

About IRS Offices

Does the IRS set tax rates?

No. The IRS interprets, implements, and enforces the tax laws and rates that are adopted by the U.S. Congress and signed by the President. As part of the implementation of tax law, the IRS publishes the annual rate schedule listing the tax rate for each income bracket.

What is "Where's my refund?"

"Where's my refund?" is an online tool offered by the IRS that allows taxpayers to check the status of their tax refund. In order to use the tool, a taxpayer must enter their Social Security number, filing status, and the exact amount of the refund as shown on the tax return.

What should I do if I made a mistake on my tax filing?

It depends on the type of mistake. IRS employees can correct mathematical mistakes without the need to file an amended return. Mistakes in filing status, deductions, income, or credits require an amended return. The amended return should be filed using Form 1040X.