06424 IRS Office

Find 06424 IRS or internal revenue service offices, locations, and service centers. IRS offices provide information on tax refund and return numbers, tax forms, US tax laws, filing taxes, and debt forgiveness.

Hartford Connecticut IRS Office 135 High Street Hartford CT 06103 17.1 miles from 06424 860-756-4505

New London Connecticut IRS Office 2 Howard Street New London CT 06320 25.7 miles from 06424 860-439-7963

Waterbury Connecticut IRS Office 14 Cottage Place Waterbury CT 06702 27.9 miles from 06424 203-596-4727

New Haven Connecticut IRS Office 150 Court Street New Haven CT 06510 28.0 miles from 06424 203-781-3195

Springfield Massachusetts IRS Office 1550 Main Street Springfield MA 01103 37.8 miles from 06424 413-788-0284

Bridgeport Connecticut IRS Office 915 Lafayette Boulevard Bridgeport CT 06604 44.6 miles from 06424 203-384-5818

Riverhead New York IRS Office 518 East Main Street Riverhead NY 11901 45.0 miles from 06424 631-851-4726

Warwick Rhode Island IRS Office 60 Quaker Lane Warwick RI 02886 52.5 miles from 06424 401-826-4797

Danbury Connecticut IRS Office 131 Danbury Road Wilton CT 06897 54.3 miles from 06424 203-840-4195

IRS Offices Near Me

About IRS Offices

Does the IRS set tax rates?

No. The IRS interprets, implements, and enforces the tax laws and rates that are adopted by the U.S. Congress and signed by the President. As part of the implementation of tax law, the IRS publishes the annual rate schedule listing the tax rate for each income bracket.

What is "Where's my refund?"

"Where's my refund?" is an online tool offered by the IRS that allows taxpayers to check the status of their tax refund. In order to use the tool, a taxpayer must enter their Social Security number, filing status, and the exact amount of the refund as shown on the tax return.

What should I do if I made a mistake on my tax filing?

It depends on the type of mistake. IRS employees can correct mathematical mistakes without the need to file an amended return. Mistakes in filing status, deductions, income, or credits require an amended return. The amended return should be filed using Form 1040X.