06409 IRS Office

Find 06409 IRS or internal revenue service offices, locations, and service centers. IRS offices provide information on tax refund and return numbers, tax forms, US tax laws, filing taxes, and debt forgiveness.

New London Connecticut IRS Office 2 Howard Street New London CT 06320 16.6 miles from 06409 860-439-7963

New Haven Connecticut IRS Office 150 Court Street New Haven CT 06510 26.3 miles from 06409 203-781-3195

Hartford Connecticut IRS Office 135 High Street Hartford CT 06103 31.9 miles from 06409 860-756-4505

Riverhead New York IRS Office 518 East Main Street Riverhead NY 11901 32.2 miles from 06409 631-851-4726

Waterbury Connecticut IRS Office 14 Cottage Place Waterbury CT 06702 35.1 miles from 06409 203-596-4727

Bridgeport Connecticut IRS Office 915 Lafayette Boulevard Bridgeport CT 06604 41.9 miles from 06409 203-384-5818

Springfield Massachusetts IRS Office 1550 Main Street Springfield MA 01103 52.7 miles from 06409 413-788-0284

Danbury Connecticut IRS Office 131 Danbury Road Wilton CT 06897 53.1 miles from 06409 203-840-4195

Warwick Rhode Island IRS Office 60 Quaker Lane Warwick RI 02886 53.1 miles from 06409 401-826-4797

Norwalk Connecticut IRS Office 24 Belden Avenue Norwalk CT 06850 54.2 miles from 06409 203-840-4195

Hauppauge New York IRS Office 1180 Veterans Memorial Highway Hauppauge NY 11788 54.7 miles from 06409 631-851-4726

IRS Offices Near Me

About IRS Offices

Does the IRS set tax rates?

No. The IRS interprets, implements, and enforces the tax laws and rates that are adopted by the U.S. Congress and signed by the President. As part of the implementation of tax law, the IRS publishes the annual rate schedule listing the tax rate for each income bracket.

What is "Where's my refund?"

"Where's my refund?" is an online tool offered by the IRS that allows taxpayers to check the status of their tax refund. In order to use the tool, a taxpayer must enter their Social Security number, filing status, and the exact amount of the refund as shown on the tax return.

What should I do if I made a mistake on my tax filing?

It depends on the type of mistake. IRS employees can correct mathematical mistakes without the need to file an amended return. Mistakes in filing status, deductions, income, or credits require an amended return. The amended return should be filed using Form 1040X.