Woodbury County Town & City Hall

Find Woodbury County Iowa town & city halls. Town and city halls provide information on government agencies, boards, commissions, committees, departments, and elected officials.

Anthon City Hall 301 East Main Street Anthon IA 51004 712-373-5218

Bronson City Hall 90 Pine Street Bronson IA 51007 712-948-3354

Cushing Town Hall 200 Main Street Cushing IA 51018 712-384-2189

Danbury City Hall 207 1st Street Danbury IA 51019 712-883-2431

Hornick City Hall 400 Main Street Hornick IA 51026 712-874-3374

Moville City Hall 21 W Main St Moville IA 51039 712-873-3545

Oto City Hall 27 Washington Street Oto IA 51044 712-827-4522

Pierson City Hall 514 2nd Street Pierson IA 51048 712-375-5015

Salix City Hall 317 Tipton Street Salix IA 51052 712-946-5645

Sergeant Bluff City Hall 401 4th St Sergeant Bluff IA 51054 712-943-4244

Sioux City Hall 405 6th Street Sioux IA 51101 712-279-6109

Sloan City Hall 423 Evans Street Sloan IA 51055 712-428-3348

Smithland City Hall 301 Main Street West Smithland IA 51056 712-889-2470

About Woodbury County Town & City Halls

A Woodbury County Town or City Hall is a building that serves as the focal point of government activity for a town or city in Woodbury County, IA. It is the location where the proceedings of the Woodbury County legislative body take place and usually houses the central offices for the executive and administrative functions of the government. Depending on the size of the building, some municipal functions, and a number of citizen services may operate out of a Town or City Hall in Woodbury County.

You may contact Town & City Halls for questions about:
  • Woodbury County Public records
  • Marriage licenses and certificates
  • Town and City government offices
  • Local Woodbury County politics
  • Voter poll locations and election procedures
Woodbury County Public Records

Town and City Halls in Woodbury County can provide free public records upon request. These records include Woodbury County marriage licenses and certificate copies, as well as a variety of other historical and vital records. Woodbury County birth and death records, marriage and divorce records can be obtained from Town and City Halls. Other public records that may be obtained in Woodbury County include local elections and voter records, Woodbury County Court records, Woodbury County property tax assessments and real estate records.

Woodbury County Town and City Councils

Woodbury County City Halls and Town Halls have a chamber where public meetings of the Town Council, City Council, or other elected legislative body take place. The chambers are set up to allow for discussion among Council members and executive and administrative officers, as well as members of the Woodbury County public interested in addressing the Council. Audience seating is available for members of the public and the media to observe public meetings in Woodbury County, Iowa. City or Town Halls are also equipped with telecommunications equipment to allow for taping and televising of public meetings. Other elected and appointed boards and commissions, such as the Woodbury County Planning and Zoning Commissions, may also use the chambers for their meetings, particularly if members of the public or media attend the meetings.

Government Offices in Woodbury County, IA

The office of the chief executive or administrative official, such as the Woodbury County City or Town Manager, is located in Town or City Hall. Depending on the size of the building and how the departments are organized, other administrative functions may also be located in Town or City Hall, such as the Woodbury County Finance Department or Human Resources. Many of the operating departments that have direct interaction with citizens are located in Town or City Hall, including the Woodbury County Clerk's Office, Woodbury County Tax Collector, and Woodbury County Building Inspector. Departments that have extensive or specialized space requirements, such as Woodbury County Police Department, Fire Department, Public Library, and Public Works, tend to be located in separate stand-alone facilities.