Tama County Town & City Hall

Find Tama County Iowa town & city halls. Town and city halls provide information on government agencies, boards, commissions, committees, departments, and elected officials.

Chelsea City Hall 600 Station Street Chelsea IA 52215 641-489-2525

Clutier City Hall 214 Main Street Clutier IA 52217 319-479-2530

Elberon City Hall 106 Main Street Elberon IA 52225 319-439-5345

Garwin City Hall 205 Main Street Garwin IA 50632 641-499-2307

Gladbrook City Hall 319 2nd St Gladbrook IA 50635 641-473-2582

Traer City Hall 649 2nd Street Traer IA 50675 319-478-2580

About Tama County Town & City Halls

A Tama County Town or City Hall is a building that serves as the focal point of government activity for a town or city in Tama County, IA. It is the location where the proceedings of the Tama County legislative body take place and usually houses the central offices for the executive and administrative functions of the government. Depending on the size of the building, some municipal functions, and a number of citizen services may operate out of a Town or City Hall in Tama County.

You may contact Town & City Halls for questions about:
  • Tama County Public records
  • Marriage licenses and certificates
  • Town and City government offices
  • Local Tama County politics
  • Voter poll locations and election procedures
Tama County Public Records

Town and City Halls in Tama County can provide free public records upon request. These records include Tama County marriage licenses and certificate copies, as well as a variety of other historical and vital records. Tama County birth and death records, marriage and divorce records can be obtained from Town and City Halls. Other public records that may be obtained in Tama County include local elections and voter records, Tama County Court records, Tama County property tax assessments and real estate records.

Tama County Town and City Councils

Tama County City Halls and Town Halls have a chamber where public meetings of the Town Council, City Council, or other elected legislative body take place. The chambers are set up to allow for discussion among Council members and executive and administrative officers, as well as members of the Tama County public interested in addressing the Council. Audience seating is available for members of the public and the media to observe public meetings in Tama County, Iowa. City or Town Halls are also equipped with telecommunications equipment to allow for taping and televising of public meetings. Other elected and appointed boards and commissions, such as the Tama County Planning and Zoning Commissions, may also use the chambers for their meetings, particularly if members of the public or media attend the meetings.

Government Offices in Tama County, IA

The office of the chief executive or administrative official, such as the Tama County City or Town Manager, is located in Town or City Hall. Depending on the size of the building and how the departments are organized, other administrative functions may also be located in Town or City Hall, such as the Tama County Finance Department or Human Resources. Many of the operating departments that have direct interaction with citizens are located in Town or City Hall, including the Tama County Clerk's Office, Tama County Tax Collector, and Tama County Building Inspector. Departments that have extensive or specialized space requirements, such as Tama County Police Department, Fire Department, Public Library, and Public Works, tend to be located in separate stand-alone facilities.