Floyd County Town & City Hall

Find Floyd County Iowa town & city halls. Town and city halls provide information on government agencies, boards, commissions, committees, departments, and elected officials.

Floyd City Hall 617 Monroe St Floyd IA 50435 641-398-2857

Greene City Hall 123 N 2nd St Greene IA 50636 641-816-4631

Marble Rock City Hall 105 Main Street North Marble Rock IA 50653 641-315-2621

Nora Springs City Hall 45 North Hawkeye Avenue Nora Springs IA 50458 641-749-5315

Rockford City Hall 206 West Main Avenue Rockford IA 50468 641-756-3718

Rudd City Hall 402 Chickasaw Street Rudd IA 50471 641-395-2760

About Floyd County Town & City Halls

A Floyd County Town or City Hall is a building that serves as the focal point of government activity for a town or city in Floyd County, IA. It is the location where the proceedings of the Floyd County legislative body take place and usually houses the central offices for the executive and administrative functions of the government. Depending on the size of the building, some municipal functions, and a number of citizen services may operate out of a Town or City Hall in Floyd County.

You may contact Town & City Halls for questions about:
  • Floyd County Public records
  • Marriage licenses and certificates
  • Town and City government offices
  • Local Floyd County politics
  • Voter poll locations and election procedures
Floyd County Public Records

Town and City Halls in Floyd County can provide free public records upon request. These records include Floyd County marriage licenses and certificate copies, as well as a variety of other historical and vital records. Floyd County birth and death records, marriage and divorce records can be obtained from Town and City Halls. Other public records that may be obtained in Floyd County include local elections and voter records, Floyd County Court records, Floyd County property tax assessments and real estate records.

Floyd County Town and City Councils

Floyd County City Halls and Town Halls have a chamber where public meetings of the Town Council, City Council, or other elected legislative body take place. The chambers are set up to allow for discussion among Council members and executive and administrative officers, as well as members of the Floyd County public interested in addressing the Council. Audience seating is available for members of the public and the media to observe public meetings in Floyd County, Iowa. City or Town Halls are also equipped with telecommunications equipment to allow for taping and televising of public meetings. Other elected and appointed boards and commissions, such as the Floyd County Planning and Zoning Commissions, may also use the chambers for their meetings, particularly if members of the public or media attend the meetings.

Government Offices in Floyd County, IA

The office of the chief executive or administrative official, such as the Floyd County City or Town Manager, is located in Town or City Hall. Depending on the size of the building and how the departments are organized, other administrative functions may also be located in Town or City Hall, such as the Floyd County Finance Department or Human Resources. Many of the operating departments that have direct interaction with citizens are located in Town or City Hall, including the Floyd County Clerk's Office, Floyd County Tax Collector, and Floyd County Building Inspector. Departments that have extensive or specialized space requirements, such as Floyd County Police Department, Fire Department, Public Library, and Public Works, tend to be located in separate stand-alone facilities.