24311 Housing Authority

Find 24311 housing authorities, departments, and HUD. Housing authorities provide information on section 8 public housing, rentals, applications, eligibility, affordable, low income, subsidized fair housing, hud homes, housing projects, and section 42 tax credits.

Marion Housing Authority 237 Miller Avenue Marion VA 24354 6.3 miles from 24311 276-783-3381

Bluefield Housing Authority 1600 Hill Avenue Bluefield WV 24701 28.8 miles from 24311 304-325-9653

Jefferson Housing Authority 401 Oak Grove Circle Jefferson NC 28640 31.8 miles from 24311 336-846-8877

Abingdon Housing Authority 133 West Main Street Abingdon VA 24210 32.6 miles from 24311 276-628-3167

Lebanon Housing Authority 35 Fox Meadow Drive Lebanon VA 24266 34.4 miles from 24311 276-889-4910

Virginia State Housing Authority 325 Edmond St Bristol VA 24201 45.9 miles from 24311 276-821-6269

Bristol Housing Authority 809 Edmond St Bristol VA 24201 46.1 miles from 24311 276-642-2001

Bristol Housing Authority 204 Bluff City Highway Bristol TN 37620 47.3 miles from 24311 423-274-8150

Boone Housing Authority 151 Meadowview Drive Boone NC 28607 48.4 miles from 24311 828-265-3206

North Wilkesboro Housing Authority 101 Hickory Street North Wilkesboro NC 28659 51.5 miles from 24311 336-667-3203

Mt Airy Housing Authority 302 Virginia Street Mount Airy NC 27030 51.7 miles from 24311 336-786-8321

Wilkesboro Housing Authority 215 West South Street Wilkesboro NC 28697 52.4 miles from 24311 336-667-8979

About Housing Authorities

Who is eligible for the Public Housing Program?

Public housing is limited to low-income families and individuals. Housing Authorities determine eligibility primarily based on income, but they also take prior rental history into consideration. The income requirements are less restrictive for the elderly and disabled.

What is the Family Self-Sufficiency Program?

The Family Self-Sufficiency (FSS) program is a voluntary agreement between public housing residents and their housing authority. The agreement provides supportive services to the resident, such as transportation and childcare, while the resident undertakes education and training to improve their employment options. Any increase in rent that results from the resident's improved employment situation is deposited in an escrow account for the family's use at the end of the agreement.

Do Housing Authorities resolve disputes with landlords or complaints about housing discrimination?

No. Housing Authorities are providers of affordable housing and do not get involved in private housing disputes. Most counties and local governments have a Fair Housing Commission or similar agency dedicated to addressing unfair rental practices and discrimination.