24120 Housing Authority

Find 24120 housing authorities, departments, and HUD. Housing authorities provide information on section 8 public housing, rentals, applications, eligibility, affordable, low income, subsidized fair housing, hud homes, housing projects, and section 42 tax credits.

Mt Airy Housing Authority 302 Virginia Street Mount Airy NC 27030 17.1 miles from 24120 336-786-8321

Madison Housing Authority 925 Fern Street Madison NC 27025 31.6 miles from 24120 336-548-6619

Winston Salem Housing Authority 3753 Stoney Glen Drive Winston-Salem NC 27107 46.0 miles from 24120 336-771-1707

Reidsville Housing Authority 924 3rd Avenue Reidsville NC 27320 47.0 miles from 24120 336-589-6510

Roanoke Housing Authority 3038 Melrose Ave NW Roanoke VA 24017 47.6 miles from 24120 540-983-9249

Greensboro Housing Authority 2917 West Florida Street Greensboro NC 27407 54.4 miles from 24120 336-297-2113

North Wilkesboro Housing Authority 101 Hickory Street North Wilkesboro NC 28659 55.6 miles from 24120 336-667-3203

Wilkesboro Housing Authority 215 West South Street Wilkesboro NC 28697 55.7 miles from 24120 336-667-8979

High Point Housing Authority 8 HIGH Pt High Point NC 27260 55.8 miles from 24120 336-878-2301

Housing Authorities Near Me

About Housing Authorities

Who is eligible for the Public Housing Program?

Public housing is limited to low-income families and individuals. Housing Authorities determine eligibility primarily based on income, but they also take prior rental history into consideration. The income requirements are less restrictive for the elderly and disabled.

What is the Family Self-Sufficiency Program?

The Family Self-Sufficiency (FSS) program is a voluntary agreement between public housing residents and their housing authority. The agreement provides supportive services to the resident, such as transportation and childcare, while the resident undertakes education and training to improve their employment options. Any increase in rent that results from the resident's improved employment situation is deposited in an escrow account for the family's use at the end of the agreement.

Do Housing Authorities resolve disputes with landlords or complaints about housing discrimination?

No. Housing Authorities are providers of affordable housing and do not get involved in private housing disputes. Most counties and local governments have a Fair Housing Commission or similar agency dedicated to addressing unfair rental practices and discrimination.