23924 Housing Authority

Find 23924 housing authorities, departments, and HUD. Housing authorities provide information on section 8 public housing, rentals, applications, eligibility, affordable, low income, subsidized fair housing, hud homes, housing projects, and section 42 tax credits.

Vance County Housing Authority 224 Lincoln Street Henderson NC 27536 32.1 miles from 23924 252-438-6127

Oxford Housing Authority 101 Hillside Drive Oxford NC 27565 35.7 miles from 23924 919-693-6936

Littleton Housing Authority 100 Little Drive Littleton NC 27850 38.6 miles from 23924 252-586-3006

Roxboro Housing Authority 500 Mount Bethel Church Street Roxboro NC 27573 41.4 miles from 23924 336-599-8616

Hollister Housing Authority 166 Tomahawk Meadows Road Hollister NC 27844 46.0 miles from 23924 252-586-2868

Gaston Housing Authority 205 Tinsley Way Gaston NC 27832 47.7 miles from 23924 252-537-1051

Roanoke Rapids Housing Authority 200 Creekside Court Roanoke Rapids NC 27870 47.7 miles from 23924 252-537-0552

Weldon Housing Authority 165 Dogwood Drive Weldon NC 27890 53.0 miles from 23924 252-536-3772

Garysburg Housing Authority 101 Lowes Court Garysburg NC 27831 53.6 miles from 23924 252-536-4431

Danville Housing Authority 135 Jones Xing Danville VA 24541 55.8 miles from 23924 434-792-5544

Housing Authorities Near Me

About Housing Authorities

Who is eligible for the Public Housing Program?

Public housing is limited to low-income families and individuals. Housing Authorities determine eligibility primarily based on income, but they also take prior rental history into consideration. The income requirements are less restrictive for the elderly and disabled.

What is the Family Self-Sufficiency Program?

The Family Self-Sufficiency (FSS) program is a voluntary agreement between public housing residents and their housing authority. The agreement provides supportive services to the resident, such as transportation and childcare, while the resident undertakes education and training to improve their employment options. Any increase in rent that results from the resident's improved employment situation is deposited in an escrow account for the family's use at the end of the agreement.

Do Housing Authorities resolve disputes with landlords or complaints about housing discrimination?

No. Housing Authorities are providers of affordable housing and do not get involved in private housing disputes. Most counties and local governments have a Fair Housing Commission or similar agency dedicated to addressing unfair rental practices and discrimination.