23068 Housing Authority

Find 23068 housing authorities, departments, and HUD. Housing authorities provide information on section 8 public housing, rentals, applications, eligibility, affordable, low income, subsidized fair housing, hud homes, housing projects, and section 42 tax credits.

Williamsburg Housing Authority Ste 2, 412 N Boundary St Williamsburg VA 23185 25.7 miles from 23068 757-220-3477

Hampton Housing Authority 22 Lincoln St Hampton VA 23669 32.7 miles from 23068 757-727-6337

Newport News Housing Authority 741 34th St Newport News VA 23607 35.7 miles from 23068 757-928-6170

Crisfield Housing Authority 115 South 7th Street Crisfield MD 21817 42.2 miles from 23068 410-968-0288

Norfolk Housing Authority 5920 Poplar Hall Dr Norfolk VA 23502 45.5 miles from 23068 800-545-1833

Chesapeake Housing Authority 1745 Acorn St Chesapeake VA 23324 48.5 miles from 23068 757-233-6716

St Mary's County Housing Authority 21155 Lexwood Court Lexington Park MD 20653 52.4 miles from 23068 301-866-6590

Hopewell Housing Authority 100 S Kippax St Hopewell VA 23860 53.7 miles from 23068 804-541-0311

Virginia Beach Housing Authority 2424 Courthouse Dr Virginia Beach VA 23456 54.0 miles from 23068 757-385-4123

St Mary's County Housing Authority 45776 Church Drive Great Mills MD 20634 54.7 miles from 23068 301-863-4750

Suffolk Housing Authority 804 W Constance Rd Suffolk VA 23434 55.0 miles from 23068 757-925-1461

About Housing Authorities

Who is eligible for the Public Housing Program?

Public housing is limited to low-income families and individuals. Housing Authorities determine eligibility primarily based on income, but they also take prior rental history into consideration. The income requirements are less restrictive for the elderly and disabled.

What is the Family Self-Sufficiency Program?

The Family Self-Sufficiency (FSS) program is a voluntary agreement between public housing residents and their housing authority. The agreement provides supportive services to the resident, such as transportation and childcare, while the resident undertakes education and training to improve their employment options. Any increase in rent that results from the resident's improved employment situation is deposited in an escrow account for the family's use at the end of the agreement.

Do Housing Authorities resolve disputes with landlords or complaints about housing discrimination?

No. Housing Authorities are providers of affordable housing and do not get involved in private housing disputes. Most counties and local governments have a Fair Housing Commission or similar agency dedicated to addressing unfair rental practices and discrimination.