22039 Housing Authority

Find 22039 housing authorities, departments, and HUD. Housing authorities provide information on section 8 public housing, rentals, applications, eligibility, affordable, low income, subsidized fair housing, hud homes, housing projects, and section 42 tax credits.

Fairfax County Housing Authority 3700 Pender Drive Fairfax VA 22030 7.5 miles from 22039

Mc Lean Housing Authority 8360 Greensboro Drive McLean VA 22102 12.6 miles from 22039 703-821-7688

Alexandria Housing Authority 600 North Fairfax Street Alexandria VA 22314 15.2 miles from 22039 703-549-7115

Glenarden Housing Authority 8639 Glenarden Parkway Glenarden MD 20706 27.1 miles from 22039 301-772-0880

Howard County Housing Authority 6751 Columbia Gateway Drive Columbia MD 21046 40.4 miles from 22039 410-313-6318

Prince Frederick Housing Authority 420 West Dares Beach Road Prince Frederick MD 20678 41.5 miles from 22039 410-535-5040

Calvert County Housing Authority 480 Main Street Prince Frederick MD 20678 42.4 miles from 22039 410-535-5010

Annapolis Housing Authority 701 Glenwood Street Annapolis MD 21401 46.3 miles from 22039 443-221-7247

Frederick Housing Authority 629 North Market Street Frederick MD 21701 46.3 miles from 22039 240-578-4132

Anne Arundel Housing Authority 7820 Darrell Henry Court Pasadena MD 21122 47.8 miles from 22039 410-222-6237

Baltimore City Housing Authority 417 East Fayette Street Baltimore MD 21202 52.8 miles from 22039 410-396-3100

St Mary's County Housing Authority 45776 Church Drive Great Mills MD 20634 55.2 miles from 22039 301-863-4750

Housing Authorities Near Me

About Housing Authorities

Who is eligible for the Public Housing Program?

Public housing is limited to low-income families and individuals. Housing Authorities determine eligibility primarily based on income, but they also take prior rental history into consideration. The income requirements are less restrictive for the elderly and disabled.

What is the Family Self-Sufficiency Program?

The Family Self-Sufficiency (FSS) program is a voluntary agreement between public housing residents and their housing authority. The agreement provides supportive services to the resident, such as transportation and childcare, while the resident undertakes education and training to improve their employment options. Any increase in rent that results from the resident's improved employment situation is deposited in an escrow account for the family's use at the end of the agreement.

Do Housing Authorities resolve disputes with landlords or complaints about housing discrimination?

No. Housing Authorities are providers of affordable housing and do not get involved in private housing disputes. Most counties and local governments have a Fair Housing Commission or similar agency dedicated to addressing unfair rental practices and discrimination.