16738 Housing Authority

Find 16738 housing authorities, departments, and HUD. Housing authorities provide information on section 8 public housing, rentals, applications, eligibility, affordable, low income, subsidized fair housing, hud homes, housing projects, and section 42 tax credits.

Kane Housing Authority 130 Greeves Street Kane PA 16735 10.9 miles from 16738 814-837-7393

Bradford Housing Authority 2 Bushnell Street Bradford PA 16701 11.1 miles from 16738 814-362-3535

Mc Kean County Housing Authority 410 East Water Street Smethport PA 16749 15.2 miles from 16738 814-887-5563

Elk County Housing Authority 424 Water Street Ext Johnsonburg PA 15845 21.3 miles from 16738 814-965-2532

MC Kean County Housing Authority 6 North Main Street Port Allegany PA 16743 23.3 miles from 16738 814-642-2223

Olean City Housing Authority 610 Martha Avenue Olean NY 14760 23.4 miles from 16738 716-372-8152

Salamanca Housing Authority 69 Iroquois Drive Salamanca NY 14779 24.4 miles from 16738 716-945-3820

Jamestown Housing Authority 110 West 3rd Street Jamestown NY 14701 33.0 miles from 16738 716-664-3345

Potter County Housing Authority 22 East 7th Street Coudersport PA 16915 36.8 miles from 16738 814-274-7031

Corry Housing Authority 251 West Pleasant Street Corry PA 16407 47.5 miles from 16738 814-665-5221

Clarion County Housing Authority 8 West Main Street Clarion PA 16214 53.2 miles from 16738 814-226-8910

Venango County Housing Authority 19 Rockwood Avenue Oil PA 16301 54.8 miles from 16738 814-677-5926

About Housing Authorities

Who is eligible for the Public Housing Program?

Public housing is limited to low-income families and individuals. Housing Authorities determine eligibility primarily based on income, but they also take prior rental history into consideration. The income requirements are less restrictive for the elderly and disabled.

What is the Family Self-Sufficiency Program?

The Family Self-Sufficiency (FSS) program is a voluntary agreement between public housing residents and their housing authority. The agreement provides supportive services to the resident, such as transportation and childcare, while the resident undertakes education and training to improve their employment options. Any increase in rent that results from the resident's improved employment situation is deposited in an escrow account for the family's use at the end of the agreement.

Do Housing Authorities resolve disputes with landlords or complaints about housing discrimination?

No. Housing Authorities are providers of affordable housing and do not get involved in private housing disputes. Most counties and local governments have a Fair Housing Commission or similar agency dedicated to addressing unfair rental practices and discrimination.