16361 Housing Authority

Find 16361 housing authorities, departments, and HUD. Housing authorities provide information on section 8 public housing, rentals, applications, eligibility, affordable, low income, subsidized fair housing, hud homes, housing projects, and section 42 tax credits.

Clarion County Housing Authority 8 West Main Street Clarion PA 16214 11.8 miles from 16361 814-226-8910

Venango County Housing Authority 19 Rockwood Avenue Oil PA 16301 17.8 miles from 16361 814-677-5926

Oil City Housing Authority 110 Moran St Oil PA 16301 19.8 miles from 16361 814-676-5764

Franklin Housing Authority 1212 Chestnut Street Franklin PA 16323 25.3 miles from 16361 814-432-3416

Kane Housing Authority 130 Greeves Street Kane PA 16735 33.6 miles from 16361 814-837-7393

Elk County Housing Authority 424 Water Street Ext Johnsonburg PA 15845 34.6 miles from 16361 814-965-2532

Jefferson County Housing Authority 201 North Jefferson Street Punxsutawney PA 15767 36.0 miles from 16361 814-938-7140

Corry Housing Authority 251 West Pleasant Street Corry PA 16407 40.1 miles from 16361 814-665-5221

Armstrong County Housing Authority 350 South Jefferson Street Kittanning PA 16201 40.6 miles from 16361 724-548-7671

Meadville Housing Authority 1120 Market Street Meadville PA 16335 45.5 miles from 16361 814-336-3177

Butler County Housing Authority 114 Woody Drive Butler PA 16001 47.0 miles from 16361 724-287-6797

Mercer County Housing Authority 346 West Butler Street Mercer PA 16137 48.0 miles from 16361 724-662-1058

Jamestown Housing Authority 110 West 3rd Street Jamestown NY 14701 49.5 miles from 16361 716-664-3345

Freeport Housing Authority 411 Riverside Drive Freeport PA 16229 52.4 miles from 16361 724-295-9360

Bradford Housing Authority 2 Bushnell Street Bradford PA 16701 53.1 miles from 16361 814-362-3535

Clearfield County Housing Authority 203 South 3rd Street Clearfield PA 16830 53.4 miles from 16361 814-765-2485

Mc Kean County Housing Authority 410 East Water Street Smethport PA 16749 55.2 miles from 16361 814-887-5563

About Housing Authorities

Who is eligible for the Public Housing Program?

Public housing is limited to low-income families and individuals. Housing Authorities determine eligibility primarily based on income, but they also take prior rental history into consideration. The income requirements are less restrictive for the elderly and disabled.

What is the Family Self-Sufficiency Program?

The Family Self-Sufficiency (FSS) program is a voluntary agreement between public housing residents and their housing authority. The agreement provides supportive services to the resident, such as transportation and childcare, while the resident undertakes education and training to improve their employment options. Any increase in rent that results from the resident's improved employment situation is deposited in an escrow account for the family's use at the end of the agreement.

Do Housing Authorities resolve disputes with landlords or complaints about housing discrimination?

No. Housing Authorities are providers of affordable housing and do not get involved in private housing disputes. Most counties and local governments have a Fair Housing Commission or similar agency dedicated to addressing unfair rental practices and discrimination.