15868 Housing Authority

Find 15868 housing authorities, departments, and HUD. Housing authorities provide information on section 8 public housing, rentals, applications, eligibility, affordable, low income, subsidized fair housing, hud homes, housing projects, and section 42 tax credits.

Clearfield County Housing Authority 203 South 3rd Street Clearfield PA 16830 20.2 miles from 15868 814-765-2485

Elk County Housing Authority 424 Water Street Ext Johnsonburg PA 15845 23.4 miles from 15868 814-965-2532

Kane Housing Authority 130 Greeves Street Kane PA 16735 35.2 miles from 15868 814-837-7393

MC Kean County Housing Authority 6 North Main Street Port Allegany PA 16743 35.4 miles from 15868 814-642-2223

Mc Kean County Housing Authority 410 East Water Street Smethport PA 16749 35.7 miles from 15868 814-887-5563

Potter County Housing Authority 22 East 7th Street Coudersport PA 16915 36.7 miles from 15868 814-274-7031

Centre County Housing Authority 602 East Howard Street Bellefonte PA 16823 39.4 miles from 15868 814-355-6750

Jefferson County Housing Authority 201 North Jefferson Street Punxsutawney PA 15767 41.5 miles from 15868 814-938-7140

Bradford Housing Authority 2 Bushnell Street Bradford PA 16701 48.3 miles from 15868 814-362-3535

Johnstown Housing Authority 493 3rd Avenue Patton PA 16668 49.3 miles from 15868 814-674-3682

Olean City Housing Authority 610 Martha Avenue Olean NY 14760 53.1 miles from 15868 716-372-8152

Clarion County Housing Authority 8 West Main Street Clarion PA 16214 55.7 miles from 15868 814-226-8910

About Housing Authorities

Who is eligible for the Public Housing Program?

Public housing is limited to low-income families and individuals. Housing Authorities determine eligibility primarily based on income, but they also take prior rental history into consideration. The income requirements are less restrictive for the elderly and disabled.

What is the Family Self-Sufficiency Program?

The Family Self-Sufficiency (FSS) program is a voluntary agreement between public housing residents and their housing authority. The agreement provides supportive services to the resident, such as transportation and childcare, while the resident undertakes education and training to improve their employment options. Any increase in rent that results from the resident's improved employment situation is deposited in an escrow account for the family's use at the end of the agreement.

Do Housing Authorities resolve disputes with landlords or complaints about housing discrimination?

No. Housing Authorities are providers of affordable housing and do not get involved in private housing disputes. Most counties and local governments have a Fair Housing Commission or similar agency dedicated to addressing unfair rental practices and discrimination.