15846 Housing Authority

Find 15846 housing authorities, departments, and HUD. Housing authorities provide information on section 8 public housing, rentals, applications, eligibility, affordable, low income, subsidized fair housing, hud homes, housing projects, and section 42 tax credits.

Elk County Housing Authority 424 Water Street Ext Johnsonburg PA 15845 13.7 miles from 15846 814-965-2532

Clearfield County Housing Authority 203 South 3rd Street Clearfield PA 16830 22.1 miles from 15846 814-765-2485

Kane Housing Authority 130 Greeves Street Kane PA 16735 26.3 miles from 15846 814-837-7393

Jefferson County Housing Authority 201 North Jefferson Street Punxsutawney PA 15767 32.9 miles from 15846 814-938-7140

Mc Kean County Housing Authority 410 East Water Street Smethport PA 16749 34.7 miles from 15846 814-887-5563

MC Kean County Housing Authority 6 North Main Street Port Allegany PA 16743 37.3 miles from 15846 814-642-2223

Clarion County Housing Authority 8 West Main Street Clarion PA 16214 42.9 miles from 15846 814-226-8910

Potter County Housing Authority 22 East 7th Street Coudersport PA 16915 43.0 miles from 15846 814-274-7031

Bradford Housing Authority 2 Bushnell Street Bradford PA 16701 44.1 miles from 15846 814-362-3535

Johnstown Housing Authority 493 3rd Avenue Patton PA 16668 47.9 miles from 15846 814-674-3682

Centre County Housing Authority 602 East Howard Street Bellefonte PA 16823 50.6 miles from 15846 814-355-6750

Olean City Housing Authority 610 Martha Avenue Olean NY 14760 52.0 miles from 15846 716-372-8152

About Housing Authorities

Who is eligible for the Public Housing Program?

Public housing is limited to low-income families and individuals. Housing Authorities determine eligibility primarily based on income, but they also take prior rental history into consideration. The income requirements are less restrictive for the elderly and disabled.

What is the Family Self-Sufficiency Program?

The Family Self-Sufficiency (FSS) program is a voluntary agreement between public housing residents and their housing authority. The agreement provides supportive services to the resident, such as transportation and childcare, while the resident undertakes education and training to improve their employment options. Any increase in rent that results from the resident's improved employment situation is deposited in an escrow account for the family's use at the end of the agreement.

Do Housing Authorities resolve disputes with landlords or complaints about housing discrimination?

No. Housing Authorities are providers of affordable housing and do not get involved in private housing disputes. Most counties and local governments have a Fair Housing Commission or similar agency dedicated to addressing unfair rental practices and discrimination.