14788 Housing Authority

Find 14788 housing authorities, departments, and HUD. Housing authorities provide information on section 8 public housing, rentals, applications, eligibility, affordable, low income, subsidized fair housing, hud homes, housing projects, and section 42 tax credits.

Olean City Housing Authority 610 Martha Avenue Olean NY 14760 3.0 miles from 14788 716-372-8152

Bradford Housing Authority 2 Bushnell Street Bradford PA 16701 15.9 miles from 14788 814-362-3535

Mc Kean County Housing Authority 410 East Water Street Smethport PA 16749 17.7 miles from 14788 814-887-5563

MC Kean County Housing Authority 6 North Main Street Port Allegany PA 16743 18.1 miles from 14788 814-642-2223

Salamanca Housing Authority 69 Iroquois Drive Salamanca NY 14779 19.5 miles from 14788 716-945-3820

Potter County Housing Authority 22 East 7th Street Coudersport PA 16915 26.9 miles from 14788 814-274-7031

Kane Housing Authority 130 Greeves Street Kane PA 16735 35.5 miles from 14788 814-837-7393

Hornell Housing Authority 87 East Washington Street Hornell NY 14843 41.5 miles from 14788 607-324-7912

Elk County Housing Authority 424 Water Street Ext Johnsonburg PA 15845 42.0 miles from 14788 814-965-2532

Jamestown Housing Authority 110 West 3rd Street Jamestown NY 14701 44.3 miles from 14788 716-664-3345

Housing Authorities Near Me

About Housing Authorities

Who is eligible for the Public Housing Program?

Public housing is limited to low-income families and individuals. Housing Authorities determine eligibility primarily based on income, but they also take prior rental history into consideration. The income requirements are less restrictive for the elderly and disabled.

What is the Family Self-Sufficiency Program?

The Family Self-Sufficiency (FSS) program is a voluntary agreement between public housing residents and their housing authority. The agreement provides supportive services to the resident, such as transportation and childcare, while the resident undertakes education and training to improve their employment options. Any increase in rent that results from the resident's improved employment situation is deposited in an escrow account for the family's use at the end of the agreement.

Do Housing Authorities resolve disputes with landlords or complaints about housing discrimination?

No. Housing Authorities are providers of affordable housing and do not get involved in private housing disputes. Most counties and local governments have a Fair Housing Commission or similar agency dedicated to addressing unfair rental practices and discrimination.