13424 Housing Authority

Find 13424 housing authorities, departments, and HUD. Housing authorities provide information on section 8 public housing, rentals, applications, eligibility, affordable, low income, subsidized fair housing, hud homes, housing projects, and section 42 tax credits.

Rome Housing Authority 205 Saint Peters Avenue Rome NY 13440 6.0 miles from 13424 315-337-1090

Utica Housing Authority 929 Hillcrest Avenue Utica NY 13502 6.6 miles from 13424 315-733-7196

Oneida Housing Authority 226 Farrier Avenue Oneida NY 13421 15.2 miles from 13424 315-363-8450

Ilion Housing Authority 100 West Main Street Ilion NY 13357 19.0 miles from 13424 315-894-2159

Boonville Housing Authority 115 South Street Boonville NY 13309 22.7 miles from 13424 315-942-5447

St Johnsville Housing Authority 11 Old Meadow Drive St. Johnsville NY 13452 36.5 miles from 13424 518-568-2214

Syracuse Housing Authority 1207 Almond Street Syracuse NY 13210 39.9 miles from 13424 315-476-0454

Canajoharie Housing Authority 192 Erie Boulevard Canajoharie NY 13317 43.2 miles from 13424 518-673-2203

Norwich Housing Authority 13 Brown Street Norwich NY 13815 43.9 miles from 13424 607-334-5358

Cortland County Housing Authority 3705 New York 13 Truxton NY 13158 45.4 miles from 13424 607-842-6844

Oneonta City Housing Authority 2 Mitchell Street Oneonta NY 13820 51.0 miles from 13424 607-432-0170

Gloversville Housing Authority 181 West St Gloversville NY 12078 51.2 miles from 13424 518-773-7308

Fulton Housing Authority 1100 Emery Street Fulton NY 13069 53.3 miles from 13424 315-592-2201

About Housing Authorities

Who is eligible for the Public Housing Program?

Public housing is limited to low-income families and individuals. Housing Authorities determine eligibility primarily based on income, but they also take prior rental history into consideration. The income requirements are less restrictive for the elderly and disabled.

What is the Family Self-Sufficiency Program?

The Family Self-Sufficiency (FSS) program is a voluntary agreement between public housing residents and their housing authority. The agreement provides supportive services to the resident, such as transportation and childcare, while the resident undertakes education and training to improve their employment options. Any increase in rent that results from the resident's improved employment situation is deposited in an escrow account for the family's use at the end of the agreement.

Do Housing Authorities resolve disputes with landlords or complaints about housing discrimination?

No. Housing Authorities are providers of affordable housing and do not get involved in private housing disputes. Most counties and local governments have a Fair Housing Commission or similar agency dedicated to addressing unfair rental practices and discrimination.