12955 Housing Authority

Find 12955 housing authorities, departments, and HUD. Housing authorities provide information on section 8 public housing, rentals, applications, eligibility, affordable, low income, subsidized fair housing, hud homes, housing projects, and section 42 tax credits.

Malone Housing Authority 59 Sawyer Avenue Malone NY 12953 16.7 miles from 12955 518-483-7201

Plattsburgh Housing Authority 34 Flynn Avenue Plattsburgh NY 12901 26.6 miles from 12955 518-563-5370

Burlington Housing Authority 669 Riverside Avenue Burlington VT 05401 43.5 miles from 12955 802-658-1750

Winooski Housing Authority 83 Barlow Street Winooski VT 05404 44.3 miles from 12955 802-655-2360

Massena Housing Authority 9 Laurel Avenue Massena NY 13662 45.8 miles from 12955 315-769-7823

Tupper Lake Housing Authority 38 Boyer Ave Tupper Lake NY 12986 46.7 miles from 12955 518-359-9220

Potsdam Housing Authority 100 Racquette Road Potsdam NY 13676 50.8 miles from 12955 315-265-3680

About Housing Authorities

Who is eligible for the Public Housing Program?

Public housing is limited to low-income families and individuals. Housing Authorities determine eligibility primarily based on income, but they also take prior rental history into consideration. The income requirements are less restrictive for the elderly and disabled.

What is the Family Self-Sufficiency Program?

The Family Self-Sufficiency (FSS) program is a voluntary agreement between public housing residents and their housing authority. The agreement provides supportive services to the resident, such as transportation and childcare, while the resident undertakes education and training to improve their employment options. Any increase in rent that results from the resident's improved employment situation is deposited in an escrow account for the family's use at the end of the agreement.

Do Housing Authorities resolve disputes with landlords or complaints about housing discrimination?

No. Housing Authorities are providers of affordable housing and do not get involved in private housing disputes. Most counties and local governments have a Fair Housing Commission or similar agency dedicated to addressing unfair rental practices and discrimination.