05443 Housing Authority

Find 05443 housing authorities, departments, and HUD. Housing authorities provide information on section 8 public housing, rentals, applications, eligibility, affordable, low income, subsidized fair housing, hud homes, housing projects, and section 42 tax credits.

Vermont State Housing Authority 249 Buttolph Drive Middlebury VT 05753 10.5 miles from 05443 802-388-1005

Montpelier Housing Authority 155 Main Street Montpelier VT 05602 24.7 miles from 05443 802-229-9232

Winooski Housing Authority 83 Barlow Street Winooski VT 05404 25.4 miles from 05443 802-655-2360

Burlington Housing Authority 669 Riverside Avenue Burlington VT 05401 25.6 miles from 05443 802-658-1750

Barre Housing Authority 16 South Main Street Barre VT 05641 27.0 miles from 05443 802-622-0531

Rutland Housing Authority 5 Tremont Street Rutland VT 05701 36.5 miles from 05443 802-775-2926

Plattsburgh Housing Authority 34 Flynn Avenue Plattsburgh NY 12901 42.7 miles from 05443 518-563-5370

Vermont State Housing Authority 95 Templeton Avenue Hartford VT 05001 49.1 miles from 05443 802-295-8883

White River Junction Housing Authority 171 Bridge Street Hartford VT 05001 49.3 miles from 05443 802-295-5036

Lebanon Housing Authority 31 Romano Circle Lebanon NH 03784 50.0 miles from 05443 603-298-5753

About Housing Authorities

Who is eligible for the Public Housing Program?

Public housing is limited to low-income families and individuals. Housing Authorities determine eligibility primarily based on income, but they also take prior rental history into consideration. The income requirements are less restrictive for the elderly and disabled.

What is the Family Self-Sufficiency Program?

The Family Self-Sufficiency (FSS) program is a voluntary agreement between public housing residents and their housing authority. The agreement provides supportive services to the resident, such as transportation and childcare, while the resident undertakes education and training to improve their employment options. Any increase in rent that results from the resident's improved employment situation is deposited in an escrow account for the family's use at the end of the agreement.

Do Housing Authorities resolve disputes with landlords or complaints about housing discrimination?

No. Housing Authorities are providers of affordable housing and do not get involved in private housing disputes. Most counties and local governments have a Fair Housing Commission or similar agency dedicated to addressing unfair rental practices and discrimination.