04989 Housing Authority

Find 04989 housing authorities, departments, and HUD. Housing authorities provide information on section 8 public housing, rentals, applications, eligibility, affordable, low income, subsidized fair housing, hud homes, housing projects, and section 42 tax credits.

Waterville Housing Authority 88 Silver Street Waterville ME 04901 8.0 miles from 04989 207-873-2155

Maine State Housing Authority 353 Water Street Augusta ME 04330 10.2 miles from 04989 207-623-2986

Augusta Housing Authority # 3, 33 Union St Augusta ME 04330 10.7 miles from 04989 207-626-2357

Lewiston Housing Authority 1 College Street Lewiston ME 04240 36.2 miles from 04989 207-783-1423

Auburn Housing Authority 20 Great Falls Plaza Auburn ME 04210 36.5 miles from 04989 207-784-7351

Bath Housing Authority 80 Congress Avenue Bath ME 04530 36.8 miles from 04989 207-443-3116

Brunswick Housing Authority 51 Perryman Drive Brunswick ME 04011 38.6 miles from 04989 207-729-2648

Orrington Elderly Housing Authority CENTER Dr Orrington ME 04474 47.4 miles from 04989 207-825-4596

Bangor Housing Authority 161 Davis Road Bangor ME 04401 49.6 miles from 04989 207-942-6365

Brewer Housing Authority 15 Colonial Circle Brewer ME 04412 50.6 miles from 04989 207-989-7551

Housing Authorities Near Me

About Housing Authorities

Who is eligible for the Public Housing Program?

Public housing is limited to low-income families and individuals. Housing Authorities determine eligibility primarily based on income, but they also take prior rental history into consideration. The income requirements are less restrictive for the elderly and disabled.

What is the Family Self-Sufficiency Program?

The Family Self-Sufficiency (FSS) program is a voluntary agreement between public housing residents and their housing authority. The agreement provides supportive services to the resident, such as transportation and childcare, while the resident undertakes education and training to improve their employment options. Any increase in rent that results from the resident's improved employment situation is deposited in an escrow account for the family's use at the end of the agreement.

Do Housing Authorities resolve disputes with landlords or complaints about housing discrimination?

No. Housing Authorities are providers of affordable housing and do not get involved in private housing disputes. Most counties and local governments have a Fair Housing Commission or similar agency dedicated to addressing unfair rental practices and discrimination.