04419 Housing Authority

Find 04419 housing authorities, departments, and HUD. Housing authorities provide information on section 8 public housing, rentals, applications, eligibility, affordable, low income, subsidized fair housing, hud homes, housing projects, and section 42 tax credits.

Bangor Housing Authority 161 Davis Road Bangor ME 04401 9.2 miles from 04419 207-942-6365

Brewer Housing Authority 15 Colonial Circle Brewer ME 04412 12.3 miles from 04419 207-989-7551

Orrington Elderly Housing Authority CENTER Dr Orrington ME 04474 12.8 miles from 04419 207-825-4596

Old Town Housing Authority 165 Main Street Old Town ME 04468 19.8 miles from 04419 207-827-6151

Ellsworth Housing Authority 430 Water Street Ellsworth ME 04605 34.2 miles from 04419 207-667-9705

Waterville Housing Authority 88 Silver Street Waterville ME 04901 35.8 miles from 04419 207-873-2155

Bar Harbor Housing Authority 80 Mount Desert St Bar Harbor ME 04609 48.3 miles from 04419 207-288-4770

Southwest Harbor Housing Authority S Harbor Me Southwest Harbor ME 04679 49.5 miles from 04419 207-244-7896

Maine State Housing Authority 353 Water Street Augusta ME 04330 50.8 miles from 04419 207-623-2986

Augusta Housing Authority # 3, 33 Union St Augusta ME 04330 51.3 miles from 04419 207-626-2357

Housing Authorities Near Me

About Housing Authorities

Who is eligible for the Public Housing Program?

Public housing is limited to low-income families and individuals. Housing Authorities determine eligibility primarily based on income, but they also take prior rental history into consideration. The income requirements are less restrictive for the elderly and disabled.

What is the Family Self-Sufficiency Program?

The Family Self-Sufficiency (FSS) program is a voluntary agreement between public housing residents and their housing authority. The agreement provides supportive services to the resident, such as transportation and childcare, while the resident undertakes education and training to improve their employment options. Any increase in rent that results from the resident's improved employment situation is deposited in an escrow account for the family's use at the end of the agreement.

Do Housing Authorities resolve disputes with landlords or complaints about housing discrimination?

No. Housing Authorities are providers of affordable housing and do not get involved in private housing disputes. Most counties and local governments have a Fair Housing Commission or similar agency dedicated to addressing unfair rental practices and discrimination.