04011 Housing Authority

Find 04011 housing authorities, departments, and HUD. Housing authorities provide information on section 8 public housing, rentals, applications, eligibility, affordable, low income, subsidized fair housing, hud homes, housing projects, and section 42 tax credits.

Brunswick Housing Authority 51 Perryman Drive Brunswick ME 04011 207-729-2648

Bath Housing Authority 80 Congress Avenue Bath ME 04530 7.1 miles from 04011 207-443-3116

Lewiston Housing Authority 1 College Street Lewiston ME 04240 18.4 miles from 04011 207-783-1423

Auburn Housing Authority 20 Great Falls Plaza Auburn ME 04210 18.8 miles from 04011 207-784-7351

Portland Housing Authority 57 Riverton Drive Portland ME 04103 22.0 miles from 04011 207-797-7215

South Portland Housing Authority 51 Landry Circle South Portland ME 04106 25.4 miles from 04011 207-773-7348

Augusta Housing Authority # 3, 33 Union St Augusta ME 04330 29.9 miles from 04011 207-626-2357

Maine State Housing Authority 353 Water Street Augusta ME 04330 30.4 miles from 04011 207-623-2986

Biddeford Housing Authority 22 South Street Biddeford ME 04005 36.9 miles from 04011 207-282-6537

Waterville Housing Authority 88 Silver Street Waterville ME 04901 47.8 miles from 04011 207-873-2155

Sanford Housing Authority 114 Emery Street Sanford ME 04073 50.6 miles from 04011 207-324-2178

About Housing Authorities

Who is eligible for the Public Housing Program?

Public housing is limited to low-income families and individuals. Housing Authorities determine eligibility primarily based on income, but they also take prior rental history into consideration. The income requirements are less restrictive for the elderly and disabled.

What is the Family Self-Sufficiency Program?

The Family Self-Sufficiency (FSS) program is a voluntary agreement between public housing residents and their housing authority. The agreement provides supportive services to the resident, such as transportation and childcare, while the resident undertakes education and training to improve their employment options. Any increase in rent that results from the resident's improved employment situation is deposited in an escrow account for the family's use at the end of the agreement.

Do Housing Authorities resolve disputes with landlords or complaints about housing discrimination?

No. Housing Authorities are providers of affordable housing and do not get involved in private housing disputes. Most counties and local governments have a Fair Housing Commission or similar agency dedicated to addressing unfair rental practices and discrimination.