03753 Housing Authority

Find 03753 housing authorities, departments, and HUD. Housing authorities provide information on section 8 public housing, rentals, applications, eligibility, affordable, low income, subsidized fair housing, hud homes, housing projects, and section 42 tax credits.

Lebanon Housing Authority 31 Romano Circle Lebanon NH 03784 11.9 miles from 03753 603-298-5753

White River Junction Housing Authority 171 Bridge Street Hartford VT 05001 12.5 miles from 03753 802-295-5036

Vermont State Housing Authority 95 Templeton Avenue Hartford VT 05001 12.7 miles from 03753 802-295-8883

Claremont Housing Authority 243 Broad Street Claremont NH 03743 14.0 miles from 03753 603-542-6411

Springfield Housing Authority 80 Main Street Springfield VT 05156 22.5 miles from 03753 802-885-4905

Concord Housing Authority 19 Jennings Drive Concord NH 03301 36.5 miles from 03753 603-225-3255

Rutland Housing Authority 5 Tremont Street Rutland VT 05701 41.4 miles from 03753 802-775-2926

Barre Housing Authority 16 South Main Street Barre VT 05641 50.1 miles from 03753 802-622-0531

Manchester Housing Authority 790 South Porter Street Manchester NH 03103 52.6 miles from 03753 603-296-0835

Montpelier Housing Authority 155 Main Street Montpelier VT 05602 55.7 miles from 03753 802-229-9232

Housing Authorities Near Me

About Housing Authorities

Who is eligible for the Public Housing Program?

Public housing is limited to low-income families and individuals. Housing Authorities determine eligibility primarily based on income, but they also take prior rental history into consideration. The income requirements are less restrictive for the elderly and disabled.

What is the Family Self-Sufficiency Program?

The Family Self-Sufficiency (FSS) program is a voluntary agreement between public housing residents and their housing authority. The agreement provides supportive services to the resident, such as transportation and childcare, while the resident undertakes education and training to improve their employment options. Any increase in rent that results from the resident's improved employment situation is deposited in an escrow account for the family's use at the end of the agreement.

Do Housing Authorities resolve disputes with landlords or complaints about housing discrimination?

No. Housing Authorities are providers of affordable housing and do not get involved in private housing disputes. Most counties and local governments have a Fair Housing Commission or similar agency dedicated to addressing unfair rental practices and discrimination.