Barrow County Court

Find Barrow County Georgia courts and courthouses, such as federal, state, district, superior, criminal, common, circuit, judicial, judiciary, divorce, appeals, family, traffic, and small claims courts. Courts provide information on legal cases, law documents, case searches, and appeals.

Auburn Municipal Court 1361 4 Th Avenue Auburn GA 30011 770-963-4002

Barrow County Magistrate Court 30 North Broad Street Winder GA 30680 770-307-3050

Statham Municipal Court 327 Jefferson Street Statham GA 30666 770-725-5455

Winder Municipal Court 45 East Athens Street Winder GA 30680 770-867-3106

Winder Superior Court 30 North Broad Street Winder GA 30680 770-307-3032

Courts Near Me

About Courts

How do I file a small claims suit?

The process and rules for filing a small claims suit vary from state to state with regard to the dollar limit for small claims, the statute of limitations for filing a claim, and whether you are allowed to be represented by a lawyer. Contact the court that handles small claims in your state for details on the process for filing a claim and to obtain the proper forms.

Are there fees for filing a small claims suit?

Filing fees are generally between $30 and $100. In addition to filing fees, other costs may include service fees for serving the complaint to the defendant and collection fees if the court assists in collecting the judgment.

What is mediation?

Mediation is an alternative to going before a judge in a suit. Many small claims courts sponsor or make referrals to mediation programs where the plaintiff and defendant meet with a neutral third person to help resolve the dispute without going to court.