03279 Economic Development Agency

Find 03279 economic development agencies, departments, and corporations. Economic development agencies provide information on resources for economic growth, expansion of local businesses, attracting new business and tourism.

New Hampshire State Economic Development 107 Glessner Road Bethlehem NH 03574 22.7 miles from 03279 603-444-3197

Belknap County Economic Development 383 South Main Street Laconia NH 03246 36.2 miles from 03279 603-524-3057

Coos County Economic Development 148 Main Street Lancaster NH 03584 39.1 miles from 03279 603-788-3900

Vermont State Economic Development 58 East State Street Montpelier VT 05602 40.7 miles from 03279 802-828-5627

Claremont City Economic Development 14 North Street Claremont NH 03743 47.3 miles from 03279 603-542-7030

New Hampshire State Economic Development 172 Pembroke Road Concord NH 03301 55.2 miles from 03279 603-271-2591

Lamoille County Economic Development 582 Laporte Road Morristown VT 05661 55.2 miles from 03279 802-888-5640

Economic Development Agencies Near Me

About Economic Development Agencies

What is a tax abatement?

A tax abatement is an agreement between a business and a taxing entity, such as a state, county, or local government, which provides a temporary tax reduction for a business that expands or makes physical improvements. Typically, the additional property taxes that would have been levied as a result of the business expansion or improvement are forgiven for a specified period of time. Businesses are sometimes offered tax abatements as a way to encourage expansion and investment.

What is the difference between an Economic Development Agency and an Economic Development Commission?

An Economic Development Agency is an agency of the government staffed by professional employees who implement the programs and services of the agency. An Economic Development Commission usually refers to an appointed board that serves as an advisor on economic policy. Economic Development Commissions are common at the county and local levels of government.

What do I need to do to start a new business?

Most Economic Development Agencies have a staff person or office to help prospective business owners to understand how to register their business and obtain any necessary licensing.